intric8
Seattle, WA, USA
Website

Posted Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:04 pm

Quick update. Today I asked Andreas Larrson (aka JackAsser) if his EotB game would also support the numberpad found on the C128/D models.

He quickly responded:
Screen Shot 2018-10-29 at 2.25.38 PM.png
Simply fantastic news!

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA
Website

Posted Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:50 pm

Latest teaser video showing the work being down for the Intro. Just epic.

Zippy Zapp
CA, USA

Posted Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:43 am

That is simply stunning. Fantastic work so far.

Keep up the good work.

G8rduc
North Florida

Posted Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:37 am

intric8 wrote:Latest teaser video showing the work being down for the Intro. Just epic.

Curious, I don't know the back story, is there a rift with Ubisoft and they don't want a retro release?

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA
Website

Posted Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:40 am

This project has entered the final stages. Some fully playable demos are starting to leak. Andreas Larsson (aka JackAsser) told me yesterday that he expects the final port to ship in early 2020.

He first started tinkering with porting the game way back in 2006, and has several off and on attempts since. But in 2018 he decided to go all-in now thanks in no small part due to the rise of Ultimate carts and other solid state storage solutions.

Larsson:
Intro and ending animation scenes are done now graphically. I just need to pull my lazy ass together and actually code them. THEN the game is done.

So I do these two public beta tests now to iron out some more bugs. Then I suppose we need some more rounds of beta testing. Each time I've done a full run of the game I've always found a hand full of bugs. They are getting quite minor now, but still.
I offered to be an NTSC 128DCR beta tester, if he's looking for any help in that department. :)

We're really close! As such, I installed it on my A1000 to refresh my memory.
eotha1000.jpg

Return to “The Lounge”