Dynamic_Computing

Posted Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:23 pm

Hey, guys,

I am creating a new Youtube/Podcast/Amiga capable video series, and I would love for my friends here to take a look at it. The website is not yet fully operational, but the Youtube channel has Episode One already online.

In a nutshell, 10 Minute Amiga Retro Cast is a video series starring our favorite computer, and a fair amount of the work for it is done on my Amiga! Each episode will average about 10 to 11 minutes to keep the file size down. And why do I want to keep the size down? Because it will be available for playback on almost any Amiga with a reasonable hard drive!

In addition to HD Youtube presentations, my website will have my videos transcoded into MPEG1 files about 192x144 pixels - just perfect for playback using the RiVA MPEG player on the Amiga. These videos average about 45 MB. My two machines play these back just fine - I have an Amiga 4000 that is currently running with an A3640 card upgraded to an '060 and 16 MB RAM, but they played back fine when it was an '040. (My lovely Warp Engine is being shipped 5000 miles away to have a socket and two new SIMM slots installed so I can use my new '060 upgrade on it). They also play back fine on my A1200 '040 with 64 MB RAM.

For slower machines, including '020 machines with a good hard drive, I am formatting the videos in a special HAM6 video format - take a look at my Youtube video for an example. This is a clever and under utilized video playback hack that can give incredible results even on barely-expanded A600. The only trouble is file size for these videos. 500 MB - 700 MB for a 10 minute video.

I will also have the Cast converted to MP3 format for your listening pleasure. The site with all the links will be up in a few days, but in the meantime, please check out my Youtube channel and Subscribe, please!

I appreciate any constructive feedback, too. I am working with another member of this group who is trying to get me some intro music, and I will have a proper video introduction done soon - But one has to start somewhere!

I appreciate your support, and trust me - I will be steering all of my listeners over amigalove.com !

Thanks,

Dynamic_Computing

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:26 am

This is awesome - I’ll check it out later today!

And very cool concept of making the files work with classic hardware. Dig it!

Dynamic_Computing

Posted Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:41 am

The website is functional now. Emphasis on "Functional", not "Pretty". All the links work, and the first video is up on YouTube and Aminet.

Here is the Aminet link for playing back on your Amiga with RiVA

The link to the .hv Ham Video version is on my website, but I don't have links to the software to run it yet. It uses hamnew.run or hamp.run

Dynamic_Computing

Posted Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:56 pm

Episode 2 is now up. On this one I am going over the steps to download and install the software needed on your Amiga to play back MPEG1 and HAM6 and HAM8 videos.
Please check it out and let me know what you all think.

http://www.10marc.com

Dynamic_Computing

Posted Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:50 am

I have three videos on the site now - All of them converted to HAM6 and HAM8 for your viewing pleasure. I made some changes to how I do the videos to improve playback on most machines. Originally, they were 15 FPS and 320x216 resolution. Any Amiga with a good hard drive controller can play these back full speed, but the IDE Ports on the A600, A1200 and A4000 choke on these videos. I compromised and reduced the size to 288x200 and the FPS to 12, and they play back pretty well on the aforementioned machines.

Here is the link to the actual HAM video players (One is for HAM 6, the other for HAM 8 .

Here is a link to my page that contains the LHA compressed videos. Bring them over to your Amiga, decompress them, and bask in the crystal clear 4K video and 7.1 surround sound that these 288x200 pixel, 4096 color 8 bit mono audio videos provide. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Let me know what other (legal) videos you want me to bring over. 3-5 minute videos are the best for file size reasons.

Thanks!

Dynamic Computing

Dynamic_Computing

Posted Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:10 pm

Episode 3 is now up!

This week, I introduce all of my Amiga Goodies and give a little tour of my hardware. Including a cool surprise at the end that is quite rare!
Please check it out and subscribe to my channel!

Here is the link

Return to “The Lounge”