intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:37 pm

Earlier this week my U64 came in. After having seen it in action the previous week, I'll probably update the firmware but keep it boxed for now.

Meanwhile, it's doppelganger arrived today: the black beauty C64 Reloaded MK2!
IMG_7977.jpg
IMG_7978.jpg
IMG_7979.jpg
IMG_7980.jpg
With the MK2 you have to supply five of your own chips from a real C64. What's cool about it is the new motherboard will auto-detect and self-configure itself based on the NTSC/PAL chips you install. It will automatically set itself up to the correct clocking and voltages based on what you put in there. It is 100% jumperless as a result, which is really nice. However, unlike the U64, it can only be one state or the other because it is using real chips.

Today I also received the case badges, to go along with my Kickstarter'd case.
IMG_7982.jpg
Since my U64 will eventually support both states, I'm going to make my MK2 NTSC since all of my software is NTSC. In the future if I buy a new PAL-only game I'll play it on the U64.

And, like the U64 we can eliminate the spooky self-destructing C= power bricks.

There's only one piece remaining before I can put everything together: my mechboard64 (which is on its way). So excited to get this cool machine fired up!
Attachments
IMG_7983.jpg

BloodyCactus
Lexington VA

Posted Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:34 am

mechboard64
oooh. I have not seen that before. Very cool.

Bulletdust

Posted Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:58 pm

I got those decals with my C64 kickstarter case, I was very disappointed with them. They were more like 'stickers' and not even good quality stickers, just cheap paper stickers. I threw them out.

icbrkr
Particles! BBS

Posted Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:16 pm

I still have like 4 cases that I haven't bothered putting boards in yet.

That's a dead sexy motherboard btw.

Return to “The Lounge”