Mr.Toast
Roseville, CA

Posted Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:56 pm

I live near enough to Sacramento, CA (USA) and I'll be joining them after attending AmiWest 18.

https://www.sacc.org/

I am one of the many returning to my roots, excited about the new hardware and technologies that have been emerging the last few years (thank you UK, DE, and Eastern Europe!). Much of my interest lies in classic hardware/680x0 restoration and repairs-quite a few skills acquired post-Amiga are now starting to pay off (SMD work, hobby electronics).

If you are in the radius of this community and have never previously attended, I am in the same boat-so don't be shy and make an appearance.

Chris.

Shot97
Detroit, MI, USA

Posted Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:42 pm

I'm in Detroit, but my sister is in Citrus Heights, pretty close to Sacramento. Next time I visit I'll see if schedules align.

Mr.Toast
Roseville, CA

Posted Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:07 pm

She's closer than I am! You should plan to visit in October when the event is typically held. It's cozy but still going strong from what I can tell.

Shot97
Detroit, MI, USA

Posted Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:34 pm

I checked out the site, the people involved seem like a devoted bunch, lots of older lovers of the Amiga from back in the day! Would be great to gain a slice of their knowledge 1st hand!

Return to “The Lounge”