Dynamic_Computing

Posted Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:08 pm

Everyone has heard by now of todays drama - Lets do something about it!

The Picasso96 software in questions is a "Pay what you can" type of deal - so I just bought a copy for about $18.00 - maybe if we all go to his site and throw him a few bucks, he will rethink the entire issue and stick with the Amiga.

Picasso96 also works with AGA now, too, so you don't need a RTG card to take advantage of it. Even if you don't need it, why not throw him a fiver just to show your support?

go to his website at www.icomp.de , and login or create an account to see Picasso96 in the shop

Lets show Jens and Michael what the Amiga Community is capable of!

Douglas

10 Minute Amiga Retro Cast

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:18 pm

Check your PM. I've got an idea. It's something...

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:19 pm

And I know that I and a few others here today have all placed orders. I didn't get the P96, but I placed my 3rd order with Jens in the past month.

He's got our support.

BloodyCactus
Lexington VA

Posted Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:53 pm

Yaa I grabbed a RapidRoad USB for my GBA1000

Dynamic_Computing

Posted Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:35 am

BloodyCactus wrote:Yaa I grabbed a RapidRoad USB for my GBA1000

I like my Rapidroad pretty well, but it is not as versatile as my Thylacine board. The Thylacine is only USB 1.1, but I could attach almost anything to it, and it just works. Hubs, Flash Cards, hard drive, etc... The Thylacine is horribly slow, like 250 - 350 Kbs, but it works.

The Rapid Road seems to argue with more devices, and occasionally a flash drive will not work unless I unplug and replug it, and for the life of me I can't get it to work reliably with any USB hub! Even powered one just don't act right. But anything I plug direct into my X-Surf100 that hosts the RapidRoad works OK.

I don't regret buying it, as when it works it is quite fast, but I miss the versatility of having a USB Mouse, Keyboard, Flash Drives and hard drives all plugged in at the same time.

oldbull

Posted Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:40 pm

I ordered Thursday and my order has already left Germany but is not yet in the hands of USPS.

ACA500+ / RTC / ACE 2

Just tonight after viewing 10MARC's latest video I went to amigaonthelake dot com and ordered 3.1.4 ROM & floppies.

All this panic buying has messed up my orderly restoration plan. Thankfully the rest of my shopping list is not affected by the current legal mess. I'm going to be forced to run the A500 in its' ugly unrestored state for a while until until I can afford the other bits and pieces that I had intended on doing first. If we find out Jens' email was leaked on purpose I will be very cross with him.

obitus1990
USA

Posted Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:31 pm

There are indications that Jens started the dispute to begin with. I like his products, and own many of them, but, I don't think he is 100% above board with people.

Dynamic_Computing

Posted Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:43 pm

obitus1990 wrote:There are indications that Jens started the dispute to begin with. I like his products, and own many of them, but, I don't think he is 100% above board with people.
That is certainly what it seems like after researching it. I still stand by supporting Jens for the awesome products he makes, but he needs to rethink who is friends are and make sure he is making good choices.

Return to “The Lounge”