DazzaS

Posted Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:30 am

This is awesome...

Purchased a DE10 to play some old games and was looking around for a nice retro like case to print then found Matt's Amiga 600 MiSTer build.

After that there was just no other choice I had to have one of these for myself. :mrgreen:

Here is a happy snap of my final prints laid out in A600 base, the fit up is a testament to Matt's attention to detail.

BTW if you are going to print Matt's Amiga 600 MiSTer build be sure to print up a larger calibration cube to ensure printer accuracy, millimetres matter on this one.

MattSwe

Posted Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:39 am

This is great! I'm getting inspired and I will try to use this in a new project.

DazzaS: Did you print this in one whole piece or are the joints just invisible? :)

DazzaS

Posted Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:39 am

MattSwe wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:39 am
DazzaS: Did you print this in one whole piece or are the joints just invisible? :)
Hi MattSwe,

Would nice to be have a 3D printer with a build volume to handle monster prints but alas print is true to Mattsoft's original design so 6 individual parts in 5 prints not including the oversized ones due to printer calibration :roll:

Here is a happy snap of all the prints with some accessories fitted.

Here is a quick BOM of the parts I have so far not including DE10 and MiSTer v6.0 I/O board.

1x DC Power Supply Jack Socket Female Panel Mount Connector 5.5 x 2.1mm, Fitting hole of 7.8mm with rear locking nut.
1x Mini Panel Mount Switch 3A 250V ON-OFF SPST Dimensions 15x10x17mm Mounting Hole 14x9mm.
1x 8mm Mini Waterproof Car Momentary Push Button Switch Zinc-Aluminium *This one differs to Matt's.
1x Adafruit Panel mount HDMI Cable 40cm part number ADA978, *This is a perfect fit.
2x SparkFun USB Type A Female Breakout part number BOB-12700
1x Micro SD TO Micro SD Card Extension Cable Adaptor Extender
1x Heatsink with 3m tape for DE10 FPGA Dimensions 22x22x10mm
1x Adafruit ZERO4U 4-PORT USB HUB without POGO pins v1.3 part number ADA4115
1x Micro USB B Male to Mini USB B Male Data Cables Digital Cables Cord OTG Adapter

I am still looking at MiSTer Memory and Keyboard adaptor options.

Hoping I have a chance at winning 128MB MiSTer Memory from Pezz 82 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzEBbDeurMc&t=1s

DazzaS

mattsoft

Posted Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:37 am

3D-vice wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:49 am
That is a pretty neat project, Matt!

I'd like to ask a 3D-print related question: Was it hard to get all of those measurements done? Or did you use any kind of 3D-scanner? The reason I ask is because I have an unfinished Rhaspberry-PI C64 project and IF I ever continue working on it, I'll need to 3D-print a bunch of adapters too.

Thanks in advance! :)
Calipers and a ruler and lots and lots of prototypes. :)

Return to “Hardware”