sampedenawa

Posted Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:57 am

Hello, hope not being out of topic here, I would present a little board I developed in last few months:

HID2AMI is an HID USB Mouse and HID Joy/Gamepad adaptor built for the Amiga computers.
It is open sourced hardware, and it is firmware upgradeable for improving compatibility with a growing number of peripherals.

Anyone interested can read all details, instructions, compatibility list on HID2AMI Github here.\

Further information and user's usage feedbacks here (follow the thread)

ImageImageImage

I will appreciate comments and suggestions. Thanks !

sampedenawa

Posted Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:40 pm

And now we also have a nice shellbox !

ImageImageImage

obitus1990
USA

Posted Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:17 pm

Really nice. How compatible is it, especially with wireless mice? I have a RYS-II and it works with practically nothing wireless.

sampedenawa

Posted Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:09 am

obitus1990 wrote:Really nice. How compatible is it, especially with wireless mice? I have a RYS-II and it works with practically nothing wireless.
HID2AMI does not matter wether if the adapter is wired or wireless, from its point of view it is the same.

What does it matter is "how much" the particular mouse is "HID compliant" to the protocol.
Especially new modern mice are implementing "esotic" behaviours (e.g. they declare themselves as composed devices such as mouse+keyboard+multimedia device at the same time).

That's why "older" adapters like the Rys-ii or "Jerry" aren't working with such those peripherals.

Having said that, and speaking of my adapter, I can answer you:

- Have a look at my "official" compatibility list: here you can find all devices I tested and proved working: https://github.com/EmberHeavyIndustries ... ility-list

- If a device isn't on the list:
- It will work if it is HID compliant; otherwise you can submit me a HID Report dump (instructions on the github) and I will analyze it in order to code a proper driver

Feel free to ask more info should you need !

sampedenawa

Posted Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:15 am

Just to announce to anyone interested that I have received the 2nd production batch of new HID2AMI boards.

I have still 8 of them available out of 30; if you are interested in one, please post a request on Amibay forum where I am collecting reservations.

Thanks!

Return to “Hardware”