since I am now ready to start my Amiga 500 Workover & Upgrade Project, I thought about documenting the progress here. I have no clue about how long this journey will last, but since haste makes waste and I am not in a hurry, I'll take all the time I need to do it properly.
SEARCHING FOR STEP01: "Purchase all parts required."
I've got all the parts I'll try to incorprate into my Amiga 500. Here's a short summary of the stuff I got, in addition to my original unmodified Amiga 500, which includes an external secondary Floppy Drive:
- - Modern Power Supply Unit for Amiga 500
- New Insulation Layer for the Mainboard
- Terrible Fire 530 Accelerator (incl. relocator socket)
- DF0 - DF1 Switch (for booting from either DF0 or DF1)
- 512k Memory Expansion (RC512K)
- IDE Compact Flash Adapter
- True IDE Board (with two switchable Compact Flash Card-Sockets)
- GOTEK USB Floppy Emulator (black HxC Firmware Version)
- Indivision ECS V2 VGA-Adapter
- ACE2 2MB ChipRAM Extension
- Micromys V5 PS2-Mouse Adapter
- Kickstart 3.X ROM for Amiga 500
- Workbench 3.1 (on CF-Card and Floppy Disks)
SEARCHING FOR STEP02: "RetroBright treatment for case and mouse."
As previously shown in my members introduction, I've already given the case a successfull brightening treatment. The next step is to apply this treatment to the original Amiga mouse, as well as cleaning the original dust cover. After that, the real fun begins...