McTrinsic

Posted Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:04 am

Nowadays it’s probably DIY.

The A1000 parport is really a niche.

A10001986

Posted Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:05 am

intric8 wrote:I don't know the exact switches involved (I think they may be a custom blend for the thing) and I'm not sure who even made them But they are mechanical no doubt. Very nice and quiet, very linear and easy to type on. It's dreamy.
AliExpress Store example

If you decide to renew the switches on your A1000 keyboard: Do not, I repeat DO NOT swap the one for the return key. The new ones are a bit different as their springs are firmer 2/3 of the way, but weaker at the bottom 1/3. The return key, which is also carried by a white pseudo switch for stabilization, is too heavy for the new switch to lift when completely pressed. It simply won't come up.

I did a complete swap on two keyboards, and while feeling really good, the firmer springs make it a tad... different.

PS: Just saw that the prices are insane. I didn't buy mine there, the ali store is only an example.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:11 am

Holy smoke, you could buy a spare keyboard for that price. Yikes!

Overmann

Posted Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:08 pm

On that note, has anyone found a cherry switch that resembles the A1000 switches? It really is one of the nicest keyboards I've ever used and I'd love to get a USB keyboard that feels the same way.

Return to “Hardware”