grshaw

Posted Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:00 am

Hey there.

Yes - that's right. Solder the leg off the capacitor to the leg of the resistor.

nadoom

Posted Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:38 pm

@grshaw

Not sure if you have fixed your green black screen issue.. but I am getting the same issue here as well.. since i completed the build.

Occasionally on a cold boot I will get to kickstart and even load deluxe paint 3. After that I Get green 11 flashes of the power and a black screen ( which is a reset )

I've tested the Agnus in my A500, replaced the Gary and swapped ram from my working A500++, let me know if you are still having an issue because if so we are in the same boat!

Interestingly when I sprayed dust off and cooled down all the chips I was able to cycle the power and get the kickstart to appear more regularly..

One more thing I noticed is that U103 -U106 get a bit warm. I swapped the SN74LS373N's with the ones in the A500++ and its the same ( the A500 uses 244's rather than SN74F245N's) so I couldnt swap them but i am thinking the problem is elsewhere.

nadoom

Posted Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:49 pm

Ok I am in bizzaroland right now..

I was getting Green screen.. grey screen.. yellow screen even..

Then I sprayed some compressed air and chilled the whole thing and boom its boots.. any hardware gurus know what this could be?

Thanks

grshaw

Posted Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:44 am

Not sure if you have fixed your green black screen issue.. but I am getting the same issue here as well.. since i completed the build.
No - unfortunately not. I think that my troubleshooting skills may not be up to the task. Acill has kindly offered to take a look at my board. To be clear, I don't think there is anything wrong with the PCB. It's likely to be my dodgy soldering. However, Acill has agreed to take a look anyway. What a legend. :D

nadoom

Posted Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:55 am

@grshaw ahh excellent I'm going to go over my shoddy soldering today and hope that fixes it.. it seems heat expansion related because of the way it works when I cool it, but I am a noob what do I know ๐Ÿ˜‚. but please tell me what acill comes up with ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ

grshaw

Posted Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:37 am

Sure. Will do. :D

nadoom

Posted Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:54 pm

Here's a strange one for you..

With a 2.04 rom i get green screen most of the time.. and always when i reboot..

With a 1.3 rom i never get a green screen and resets are always successful

Any one know whats up with that?

grshaw

Posted Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:05 am

Have you tried the 2.04 ROM in another ( known working ) machine? Perhaps it is faulty? Also - sounds like you need to try booting with DiagROM. Perhaps you have some kind of intermittent fault. Hopefully DiagROM would help to diagnose where the fault is.

Return to โ€œHardwareโ€