Amenophis

Posted Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:54 am

Dear Amigans,

As this is the first time i'm posting on this forum, i must say the the name itself "Amigalove" is a pure invitation to be here :D

Some of you may well be aware already that my Team and I have launched yesterday our second KS campaign.
The previous campaign was about A1200 cases that are currently under mass production.

We've been waiting for cases mass production to start so that we could unveil what we were working on for quite some time now!

I also would like to share my personal thanks here to some key people who helped a lot to bring this new campaign alive and make it possible:
- Bill / Josh / Marcel / Feub / Kay / Sekea / Henrik / Grace / Gwen / Eric / Marc / Charlie / Paul / Angela / Jerry / Marvin / Seppo / Ramon / Allister / Lukhash / Oliver (x2) Etc...

There is so many awesome ppl out there who love the Amiga and the retro scene! Kudo guys!

The Campaign Link
Kickstarter

Please note:
Campaign currency is SGD (Singapore Dollars)
- NOT USD
- $1 SGD ≈ $0.71 USD
- $1 SGD ≈ €0.66

I live & work in SG.
Previous campaign was held by me and Friends in France while i had extended vacations there. That's explain why it was in € previously.

Campaign informations:
This new campaign has been tough to set up due to the fact that it is necessary to create specific keycaps molds.
And for this fullset we need 18 of them (as much as profiles)

Have a look at Fullset details:
  • Each Sets contains 108x keycaps
    Each Sets contains 12x extra keycaps (96+12=10 for compatibility purpose.
    Sets are compatible with ISO & ANSI Keyboards
    Compatible with A500 / A600 / A1200 / A2000 / A3000 / A4000 / CDTV keyboards. Incompatible with A1000.
    Keycaps are compatible with Mitsumi Hybrid Switches only.
    Each Sets contains 100x Springs.
    Sets also contains 16x replacement plastic clips
    Regular color sets available to match New case colors

Special Edition color sets available to match SE case colors.
    These Sets are limited to the campaign and have been designed by our partners.
    Several Keyboards Layout are available. (No Klingon yet...)

A simulator has been set up on A1200.NET website:
Link

Galleries with Regular colors and Special Edition keycaps is available:
REGULAR COLOR KEYCAPS Gallery: Link
SPECIAL EDITION KEYCAPS Gallery: Link

Thank you for your support on both campaigns.
This community is awesome and YOU are the ppl who are making Amiga great again!It is because of you that we now have new A1200 cases.
And the team and I do have several other following plans to bring alive again what a lot of people thought were dead

Cheers,
Phil

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:26 am

I've been following this campaign for a while - I'm so excited to see it come this far and so proud you posted about it here.

On a personal note, I lived in Singapore when I was a kid (1st - 3rd grade) and have exceptionally fond memories of that country. My parents were teachers and, in the late 70s, really wanted something different than the US had to offer at the time. They applied for jobs in Brazil, Canada and Singapore. Singapore was the first to respond, and the offers were excellent.

Suddenly, my brother and I were living on the equator halfway around the world experiencing a multitude of new cultures. We lived in a 20-story "flat" that was situated right next to a "kam-pung": a very small collection of tin-roof shacks with a few roosters running about. I've heard that the government has moved those out of there since (no idea where to).

That feels like another lifetime ago to me now, but those are memories and a time I hold very dear.

Thanks for joining the site, Phil - and do keep us in the loop with your continuing "Amiga Love" endeavours!

Amenophis

Posted Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:19 am

Hi Intric8,

Wow awesome story!

I'm sure if you were able to come back since you left, but the city is really moving fast.
Pretty sure you would not recognize it today ;)

Thank you for having me on this LOVEly forum.

I can answer all of your questions guys!

We need your support to make this happen and have brand new keycaps for all our computers,

Cheers

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:35 pm

I backed this today. My 500 looks like a professional smoker's set of teeth. Really looking forward to getting a new set of keycaps some time next year. Wish you guys were doing the case for the 500, too, not just the 1200!

HMMM... :D

Amenophis

Posted Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:57 am

Thanks a lot for your support Intric8 !

Send us a message using our Website contact form just to say you'd like to get new A500 cases.
We're currently collecting some interests, because making any public announcement if necessary.

If you don't mind i'd like to share the Latest Campaign Updates ;)
  • For Each One of your Keycaps Fullsets: You can now separately chose Special Keys color and Regular Keys color.
  • Each backer will receive a Keycaps Removal Tool in their parcel. So no worries about scratching or breaking your current keycaps
  • New Photo Albums have been added to our FB Page, even with some never released photos.
  • New photos & videos to be published soon (Case production)

Thanks to all Amigans within AmigaLove Forum for your support to the campaign, we need all of you to make the Amiga great again.

Cheers

SUPPORT THE KEYCAPS CAMPAIGN

Return to “Hardware”