intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:17 pm

I sold my glorious 2000HD over the holiday break. It nearly ripped my heart out, but I needed to do it (for space and $).

After packaging it all up I pulled my A1200 out of the closet and plugged it back into my 1084S monitor. I recently picked up Eye of the Beholder II and wanted to install it to HD.

I flicked on the power and stared at the monitor, which stared right back at me. I could see that the machine was getting power, and I could hear the floppy drive click. But no joy on the monitor.

After unplugging and reattaching everything about 30 times, flicking buttons all over the monitor, I finally pulled my old yellow A500 out. It fired right up. WTF?

I have an extremely difficult time believing my caps are shot, as the 1200 is NOS and I've used it for only 1 year of its 20+ life. Next I'm going to have to start to unplug everything bit by bit and see if I can get anything to fire.

What a freaking drag! And what a horrible time to have sold my other pristine machine! Nothing was wrong with the 1200 when I put it away. I'm really hoping somehow the heat shield got out of whack and it's shorting out or something.

UPDATE:
Unplugging my accelerator card and CF HD made no difference in its desire to wake up and talk to me. Could it really be the caps? Visually, they seem OK - no bulging, leaking, etc.

Shot97
Detroit, MI, USA

Posted Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:10 am

See if you can get a hold of an ic extractor and pull out Agnus and put her back in. Couldn't hurt to check that out before shipping it off.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:16 pm

UPDATE 2

If I plug in a composite video cable from the 1200 and plug that into the CVBS/L port on the monitor, I get video output! It is black and white, but it does work. So, there's something...

Return to “Hardware”