TenLeftFingers

Posted Sat May 13, 2017 3:54 pm

Has anyone had success wrestling with their Indivision AGA? The software included is quite poor but I know some people have been able to get good results with a lot of time and effort.

In my case, I've been avoiding this game since I haven't been able to get it working using the usual tricks. Here are the settings, preview and results I get. Any changes I've made seem to make it worse. Can anyone suggest how to get the height of the image reduced so it fits in the screen?
photo_2017-05-13_23-31-08.jpg
photo_2017-05-13_23-31-01.jpg
photo_2017-05-13_23-31-12.jpg

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sat May 13, 2017 4:48 pm

I've not ever picked up the Indivision AGA flicker fixer, personally. That clipping would drive me nuts, though! How annoying.

I've only bought one of their accelerators, which I completely unlocked and maxed out (love it).

You might ping terriblefire. He might know what's up, or what to try.

TenLeftFingers

Posted Sat May 13, 2017 5:02 pm

Thanks intric8. I have the ACA1221 and it's great. Although Ill be replacing it with a Terrible Fire accellerator - speak of the devil :)

TenLeftFingers

Posted Sun May 14, 2017 2:03 pm

I caught up with TerribleFire on IRC. I have my eye on one of these now. Must check here first that I don't already have something like it :) https://www.amazon.co.uk/ELEPHAS-Conver ... rt+to+hdmi

I think this will suit me better.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sun May 14, 2017 9:51 pm

Wow that's pretty cool - and the price is right!

TenLeftFingers

Posted Wed May 17, 2017 7:53 am

I was lucky to have a friend call by with one two days ago. It worked really well and it's very easy to configure.

We spent hours on the Invidision AGA and couldn't get a good result for some games. The other device was configured very quickly. At least the resale on the AGA is pretty good. But I'll warn any buyers as I feel the device is incomplete.

Dynamic_Computing

Posted Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:17 pm

I arm wrestled mine into finally giving me good results, but there is some black bars on the top and bottom of all my games - looks like the old school letterboxing. I am sure it is a combo of the settings in the Indivision and the monitors we are using.

Bulletdust

Posted Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:33 am

I'm running an Indivision MkIICr on my A1200 and I've got it running perfectly with my 17" IPS Dell monitor, having said that it took 'ages' to work it out and a lot of my tweaking was stabbing in the dark until things looked perfect.

Now my Workbench is crystal clear and my games are letterboxed to limit scaling, looks great.

I tried the external scaler option, I could never get things looking as good as they look with the Indivision.

Dynamic_Computing

Posted Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:53 am

Hey Bulletdust - did you have to do something to cool down your Alice chip? My display was wonky and jittery when I went above 640x480 until I put a tiny little heat sink and fan on poor little overworked Alice. As soon as I did that - all jitters went away.

Bulletdust

Posted Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:32 pm

Mines jittery until Alice warms up, oddly enough.

I turn my A1200 on, let it settle for 2 mins and then it's fine.

Return to “Hardware”