intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:08 am

Jim - this is just getting better and better.

If you land on a name, let us know. I could design a logo around it pro bono if you want to build a brand for it (design is my day job).

Are you going to PRGE next week? Bring a few prototypes to demo?

Some of us here will be there.

JimDrew
LHC, AZ

Posted Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:49 am

I don't know what PRGE is, so I won't be coming. :)

Bulletdust

Posted Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:30 pm

As long as it's more available than the WiFi232, I've given up on ever getting one of those....

mattsoft

Posted Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:30 pm

PRGE: http://retrogamingexpo.com

It's a retro gaming expo in Portland, OR. Good venue to drum up interest in retro hardware. I've been clearing my credit card in preparation for next week. :)

JimDrew
LHC, AZ

Posted Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:12 am

Ugh. I wish I had known about PRGE sooner. I am from Portland, and I have not been back to visit in a long time!

JimDrew
LHC, AZ

Posted Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:09 pm

Just an update.... the PCB assembly house was left with the option to use a vareity of USB connectors, but neglected to look at the spacing on the guide pins (which hold it place to prevent skewing during reflow soldering) and ordered the wrong one! So, the PCBs are done and all of the parts except the USB connector are now collecting dust while waiting on the proper connectors to arrive. :\

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:22 pm

Oof - that's a hit. Hope you get that order filled before the Christmas holiday season.

Thanks for the update, Jim.

JimDrew
LHC, AZ

Posted Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:56 am

They are sending me some assembled production boards minus the USB connectors. I have the correct USB connectors here (and SMT equipment). So I can test an actual production unit while they finish the batch. I expect them to be available within the next two weeks so Christmas won't be an issue. :)

JimDrew
LHC, AZ

Posted Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:23 pm

I have boards, but I am waiting on displays and more DB-25 connectors. You can put your place in line now by clicking on the "notify when back in stock" link. I have decided not to make a plastic case due to the cost and the lengthy delay. I will be providing the 3D printer files so you can print your own. I expect to be shipping next week!

Thanks for your patience!

https://www.cbmstuff.com/products.php?cat=2

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:42 pm

@Jim I got in line. :)

I also published this awesome info to the Amiga Facebook group (17,000 members). I'll push it on Reddit here in a bit, too.

Thanks for the info! Can't wait.

Return to “Hardware”