XsamX1987

Posted Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:48 am

Hello every one, so I have connected my Amiga 1200 to my asus 28inch monitor via dvi to dvi I have also tried dvi to HDMI , I can’t get it to fill the whole screen and the colours look off to me and it would have trouble booting up without my screen glitching and I would have to unplug the dvi and reconnect but then I would end up with huge amount of flicker,

a friend told me to install the driver hd720 now no flicker but still won’t fill the screen and the colours look off, that driver is the only thing I have installed to help,

I don’t know if there is any software or drivers that are available with the Scan doubler.

I am grateful for any help.

TenLeftFingers

Posted Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:59 am

I can't help with the colour issue - I haven't come across that. But to change the size of the picture, you need to select the correct profile and change the settings. As the Amiga changes between various modes, by default the Indi AGA will display the profile name/screen tipe, dimensions and frequency in a graphical overlay. Make a note of this and edit that one.

As for how to make changes, this is something I will need to boot into to check - but I can tell you that I found it very difficult as did many others who looked at it. When I next get to it, I'll take some screenshots and help you narrow it down. There were only a few parameters that needed changing in the end.

Have you been able to preview your settings changes with the software tool before applying them? It's buggy (you don't always get whats's in the preview) but it helps reveal a bit about what the options are doing.

I'll come back with more when I have time to power up.

Edit: download the software and manual from here

XsamX1987

Posted Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:27 pm

Thank you for your help, will look in to the tips given and wait for your updates.

TenLeftFingers wrote:I can't help with the colour issue - I haven't come across that. But to change the size of the picture, you need to select the correct profile and change the settings. As the Amiga changes between various modes, by default the Indi AGA will display the profile name/screen tipe, dimensions and frequency in a graphical overlay. Make a note of this and edit that one.

As for how to make changes, this is something I will need to boot into to check - but I can tell you that I found it very difficult as did many others who looked at it. When I next get to it, I'll take some screenshots and help you narrow it down. There were only a few parameters that needed changing in the end.

Have you been able to preview your settings changes with the software tool before applying them? It's buggy (you don't always get whats's in the preview) but it helps reveal a bit about what the options are doing.

I'll come back with more when I have time to power up.

Edit: download the software and manual from here

TenLeftFingers

Posted Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:03 am

No problem, and let us know how you get on with the software tool. Re-reading your post I realise you have no hope of changing it without the tool.

XsamX1987

Posted Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:00 am

ahhh ok, I'm having trouble opening the configure tool through Dopus am I doing it wrong ?

TenLeftFingers

Posted Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:14 am

I can't remember if installation is a manual copy job or if there is an installer, but in the end you should have an Indivision icon in Prefs that you can launch. Is it there? I'm curious what the docs say about the installer too.

Edit: if it's not launching, then the output of SnoopDOS would be helpful at this point. It's available on aminet.net and will tell you if the application is failing to find any of it's dependencies. http://aminet.net/package/util/moni/SnoopDos

XsamX1987

Posted Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:07 am

Before I use snoop dos I could just be opening the file incorrectly, I extract the indivion file using Mirawizarc to ram then from ram I double click on file it pops up with execute a file command indivision I click ok and I get system request failed to open directory Devs indivision.

TenLeftFingers

Posted Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:09 am

There is a file in that archive called 'install'. You need to run that. I do it using the terminal, but if you double-click 'install' and still see a popup, then type 'run' (without quotes) into that. Let me know how it goes.

XsamX1987

Posted Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:21 pm

I must have the wrong file, it shows only 2 files indivison and indivison.info :(

XsamX1987

Posted Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:32 pm

From this site

It says use together with cores V2.6.

Did you have to do some thing like that.

Return to “Hardware”