TenLeftFingers

Posted Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:51 am

The fourth file on that list is the one you want. Here's a directl liink http://wiki.icomp.de/w/images/3/3f/MK2_CFG_V11.LHA

Extracting it here on my laptop I can see the installer. Try it on your PC first and notice all the files. Can you see the installer then?

XsamX1987

Posted Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:24 am

hello thanks for getting back to me I have extracted all the files to Ram disk, I can see the installer file but it dosent seem to be an installer or I'm doing it wrong, I will include 2 links so you can see what I see and what happens when I open the installer.

Image 1

Image 2

TenLeftFingers

Posted Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:38 pm

It looks like the install file is opening in a text editor instead of executing. You may need to make it executable.

I've made a video. The process didn't complete for me, but that's probably because I'm emulating and don't have an Indi installed here. In a nutshell, I had to change the properties of the file to be a 'script'. Then I could run it.

Watch Video

XsamX1987

Posted Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:57 pm

Thanks for the video, I think I must be close but still no luck, could it have some thing to do with me using Classicworkbench.

TenLeftFingers

Posted Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:03 pm

It's possible, but I don't know in your case. When you say 'no luck' do you mean you get the same result or a different one? Have you run SnoopDOS yet to see where the installer is failing?

XsamX1987

Posted Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:48 pm

Same as befor even after clicking Script.

here are the 2 screen shots i have from SnoopDos i have no idea what it means but looks like its still trying to open it as a txt document

Image 1
Image 2

TenLeftFingers

Posted Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:07 pm

Ill put up a video tomorrow for an alternate way using terminal. Are you able to use the Shell?

XsamX1987

Posted Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:56 pm

yes I can use shell, I will just follow your instructions and commands on shell.

TenLeftFingers

Posted Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:15 am

Good morning :)

This is how I got it to run in the Shell. First line makes it executable, second executes it.
Protect install E
execute install
Let me know how it goes.

XsamX1987

Posted Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:16 pm

Good evening sorry i have not responded sooner as i think im coming down with some thing and have been in bed allday

ok so im extreamly green with the commodore and shell

if its not to much to ask for could you please do another video for me includeing when to enter those commands

:)

Return to “Hardware”