Deimoxx

Posted Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:10 pm

I also have a pretty heavily modified A500. It has Phoenix Rom installed so it can switch between 3 Different Roms. It has the Expansions Systems Baseboard that adds a RTC and an extra 4MB ram.The GVP A530 has 4MB of ram installed also. Its one of my favorite amigas to use but I seem to have misplaced the power pack for the A530 :(. I was hoping to find an adapter to use PC power supply but it appears they are no longer stocked...
image1(1).jpeg
image2(1).jpeg
image3(1).jpeg

Deimoxx

Posted Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:13 pm

a few more pics.
image4(1) (Large).jpeg
image5(1) (Large).jpeg

McTrinsic

Posted Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:58 am

Interesting machine.
What expansion from ICD might be in there?

Does the RAM expansion add ChipRAM or FastRAM?

Could you send some info regarding the kick switch to the folks from Amiga.resource.cx ?

I don't remember it being available on their database.

Deimoxx

Posted Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:37 am

I will have a look for the power supply for the A530 and see if I can’t boot it up and run sysinfo. I have a friend who used to work for Phoenix. I will hit him up see if he remembers any info about the rom switcher or if he can point me to someone.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:37 am

One of your switches on the back appears to go to a Phoenix ROM switcher, so you can flip between two different kickstarts. Very cool.

The other switch ... since you have an AdSpeed, I'd assume that switch is for that so you can flip between 7 and 14 Mhz. But the GVP 530 already lets you hit 40 Mhz. So I'm a bit baffled by that second switch you have (and the Adspeed sticker) unless it was just left in there prior to the 530 being attached.

Deimoxx

Posted Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:24 pm

I shall investigate. I was given this Amiga probably 20 years ago but never really got around to finding out exactly what was in it. One switch is a 3 position switch for changing through the 3 banks on the rom switcher. the other I have no idea. I will see if I can find where it goes.

Deimoxx

Posted Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:03 pm

I found the psu for the A530. Still boots no worries :). The ram is configured as 8mb fast then 1792k fast and 512 Chip.
image1(2).jpeg
Sorry about the quality, I really need to get VGA sorted since my monitor died.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:12 pm

So that 8MB is coming from the GVP 530. You really scored right there to get the maxed out RAM along with the accelerator. Only thing really lacking (IMO) is a HDD you can auto-boot off of and save things to. Then that machine would be done (and totally ROCK).

Deimoxx

Posted Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:22 pm

intric8 wrote:So that 8MB is coming from the GVP 530. You really scored right there to get the maxed out RAM along with the accelerator. Only thing really lacking (IMO) is a HDD you can auto-boot off of and save things to. Then that machine would be done (and totally ROCK).

There is a 100MB SCSI drive in the GVP. So now all it really needs is VGA or better output. Looks like I am going to need a few of those lol...I keep looking for a 15Khz monitor as I have the adapters and cables but no luck there either.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:29 pm

Oh dang! Dude - you're all set. What an awesome rig! Man if you found an old C= 1084s sitting around... holy smoke.

Return to “Hardware”