Zippy Zapp
CA, USA

Posted Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:43 am

Lucky Dog! :lol: I can never find anything so cool in my local thrift stores. Clean too.

leighb2282

Posted Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:18 pm

Zippy Zapp wrote:Lucky Dog! :lol: I can never find anything so cool in my local thrift stores. Clean too.
Seriously! I count myself lucky in this one! especially for the condition and the price, downside (if you can call it that) is now I need to build out another vintage Amiga setup! :shock:

leighb2282

Posted Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:43 pm

So,

Um....

One thing led to another and in the time since I last posted I managed to snag an A1000 keyboard in original condition (still even has the little clear plastic discs over the screws!) An A1010 External drive, a Dell 2001FP monitor and a Kickstart 1.3 ROM to place on EzdineG's little A1000 kickstart/68k board.

Workbench 1.3 is taking a little getting used to coming from a life-long use of Workbench 2.x (even back in the day) but the only bits left before I call it done are one of MKL's 8MB Fast RAM modules that sits in the 68k socket as well as one of his IDE interfaces that also sits in the 68K socket! then I would call this machine done!

it really is a beautiful quirky machine!

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:05 pm

You're going to like 1.3, I guarantee it. In fact, while there are a few applications that were coded specifically for 2.0, a ton were coded for 1.3. I'd keep your 1000 1.3 and leave your 2000 at 2.0(4?). That'll leave you with a massive amount of compatibility across the board. <3

Return to “Hardware”