Acill

Posted Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:22 pm

Any chance you can share the gerber files for that new one with the rom switcher on it? I would love to build some of these for people, including one for myself!

Acill

Posted Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:49 am

EzdineG wrote:
slashetc wrote:great work @EzdineG, thanks for sharing.
I ordered some boards from china, borrowed a 1.3 ROM from my A500, plugged in the MKL 8MB + IDE adapter and it booted first time :D

By the way I do have some spare boards if anyone in the UK want's one.
Thanks! I've been meaning to update the original post with more information regarding PAL units.:

NTSC / PAL motherboards with daughterboard:
U6J - Bend pin 17 out or cut on daughterboard
U4K - Connect pin 1 & 20 with 4.7kOhm resistor
U6L - Connect Pin 19 to Kickstart board J1

PAL motherboards with no daughterboard:
U6N - Bend pin 17 out or cut on daughterboard
U3J - Connect pin 1 & 20 with 4.7kOhm resistor
U4S - Connect pin 19 to Kickstart board J1

... and a new board iteration!
I had a friend of mine in Germany measure the requirements for fitting one of Matze's 530TK accelerators in an Amiga 1000, the result of which is this:
514_tk.JPG
The socket is relocated in the opposite direction and a bit higher, allowing this accelerator to fit. I've also added a second ROM socket and connectors for a 3 pole toggle so you can switch between Kickstarts.

Unfortunately, you may have to cut the RF shield to fit this board since we had to go way out to fit the 530TK. I can post the files for this if there's interest. I still have a few extra boards from this order, too. I may be inclined to design a variation of the original board as a switcher if enough people ask.

More information about the 530TK can be found here.

Adrian
Yes, please post the files for this. I am very interested!

8 Bit Dreams

Posted Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:21 am

Hey, that's the 68030 TK not 530 TK! This Turbocard was designed to be used in all Amiga's with 68k DIP socket. Do not mix these two cards please :P

EzdineG
Springfield, MO

Posted Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:50 pm

8 Bit Dreams wrote:Hey, that's the 68030 TK not 530 TK! This Turbocard was designed to be used in all Amiga's with 68k DIP socket. Do not mix these two cards please :P
Oops ;)

I seem to have mashed the TF530 and 68030TK accelerator names. I've updated the existing posts to avoid confusion.

mr.t.guru

Posted Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:40 am

heheh as soon as I read post 1 I was thinking that the 68000 be relocated to the left side closer to the case edge. The 2nd version does that :-)
Bear in mind that the 68030TK relocator will not fit into an A1000 that has the daughterboard.... it is for a PAL version only that does not have the top daughterboard.
I designed my own KS switcher that can switch 4 kickstarts using keyboard and beeps when it switches. It's using all SMD parts and is as small as possible. I still can't get over the price of the EasyEDA/JLCPCBprice of $2 for 10! The same board at Osh Park is $57 for 3 pieces.

dalek
Australia

Posted Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:04 pm

Hey EzdineG - great board and thanks for releasing it freely :)

Out of curiosity, have you seen the A1000 kickstart eliminator?:

It replaces U6J with a custom version that allows the onboard 256kb of WCS memory to be added with addmem. The PAL equations are known

So if someone has some time on there hands and is in desperate need of a whole 256kb of extra ram :lol: then there is a cool little intellectual exercise here. I just think it would be cool to be able to reuse what is there.

EDIT: oh I see a few posts back you've already considered it!

Trekiej

Posted Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:51 pm

Hello.
I bought both Rom Boards, single and dual rom capable.
Later I bought a ZIF 40 pin connector. This is the green one on ebay that has the lever.
Is it okay to use one of these for a 1.3 KS Rom on my blank board that has a single rom location?

With my A1000, I care about upgrading the rom, memory, and do something with the infernal or internal floppy disk drive.
edit: I wish to make FD0 an external drive. I have seen some mods on the web that will switch FD0 and FD1. I guess that is the right numbers for them.
I admit I want a Gotek FDD emulator. I wish I had one that used an SD card and could be installed internally and be accessed from the front.
I wish I could put a SSD and a Raspberri Pi where the FDD sits.

I have seen a blank TF520 board on ebay and would like to increase the speed of my A1000. Are these worth building up?
I do not see any memory expansion on them.
Did Commodore have any schematics for a 4 or 8 MB expansion?
Another thing I would like to see is a smaller Daughter Board.
I may look to work on one of those myself, if someone has not already done so.

Thanks for listening to me gab.

McTrinsic

Posted Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:06 pm

If you want SD-card based floppy emulators have a look at the HxC - series from lotharek.

But please consider leaving your case intact and move any switches to the back.

finrock
Cupertino, California

Posted Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:27 pm

Trekiej wrote:Hello.
I bought both Rom Boards, single and dual rom capable.
Later I bought a ZIF 40 pin connector. This is the green one on ebay that has the lever.
Is it okay to use one of these for a 1.3 KS Rom on my blank board that has a single rom location?

With my A1000, I care about upgrading the rom, memory, and do something with the infernal or internal floppy disk drive.
edit: I wish to make FD0 an external drive. I have seen some mods on the web that will switch FD0 and FD1. I guess that is the right numbers for them.
I admit I want a Gotek FDD emulator. I wish I had one that used an SD card and could be installed internally and be accessed from the front.
I wish I could put a SSD and a Raspberri Pi where the FDD sits.

I have seen a blank TF520 board on ebay and would like to increase the speed of my A1000. Are these worth building up?
I do not see any memory expansion on them.
Did Commodore have any schematics for a 4 or 8 MB expansion?
Another thing I would like to see is a smaller Daughter Board.
I may look to work on one of those myself, if someone has not already done so.

Thanks for listening to me gab.
I just finished upgrading my Amiga 1000. Here's what I did:

1. Upgraded Denise to support EHB
2. Removed the low-pass audio filter
3. Installed a dual-Kickstart / 68k relocation card
4. Installed a 68EC020TK accelerator card (68020/IDE-CF/8MB)
5. Installed a toggle switch to select the Kickstart ROM (since the card is inaccessible under the accelerator)

It came out really great, the only thing I'm missing is the ability to easily get data on to the CF card. I'm currently using Amiga Explorer (through Parallels on my Mac) via a USB-serial cable and null modem, which works, but is quite slow.

I didn't want to make any modifications to the case of the A1000, so in order to change anything I have to open the case.

I'll be glad to share any details.

Trekiej

Posted Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:40 pm

Thanks for the reply.
I do not want to modify my front bezel either.
I would like to find someone to make tow new bezels.
One could be for a HDD and the other for FDD emulator like the Gotek.

I need to find out what pins are used for the 68000 socket.

Sound like you all have a very functional A1000.
Congratulations on your upgrades.

Return to “Hardware”