mattsoft

Posted Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:58 pm

Cybermen wrote:I wrote to the people of Tynemouth on the subject and they said: The power LED is on when the device is connected, and the disk LED is set to numlock. You can configure the Pi to flash the numlock LED with disk activity, which will be reflected on the A500 keyboard.
Hah! I'll have to ask Dave how to do this. Thanks for the tip! :D

mattsoft

Posted Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:59 pm

Small update:

I have added the PowerBlock and a small 14x9mm power switch. This allows me to flip the on/off switch on the back of the 500 and cleaning start/stop the Amiga. Easy-cheesy. The STL files on Thingiverse have been updated for this.

Also, apparently Amiberry natively supports flashing your NUMLOCK for file access. Doh! On the Tynemouth adapter, NUMLOCK is the floppy drive access light. However, it doesn't appear to work for me. I've compiled Amiberry a few times (for SDL1 and SDL2) and it will light up the NUMLOCK LED when it starts, but it never turns off the light. Guess I need to file a bug...

Cybermen

Posted Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:27 am

Hello mattsoft, thanks for the update. I will test it with Amiberry and Numlock. But then the LED would only blink if Amiberry is active. For all other emulators she would not blink then. If you control the LED via the GPIOS at PI? Is that possible? Because I know how to configure an LED as an ACT LED.

Cybermen

Posted Thu May 03, 2018 9:11 pm

I have tried it with amiberry and numlock, but I did not manage at all that the led flashes or shines. It only flashes briefly at the beginning when starting the PI.

mattsoft

Posted Sun May 13, 2018 11:26 am

Cybermen wrote:I have tried it with amiberry and numlock, but I did not manage at all that the led flashes or shines. It only flashes briefly at the beginning when starting the PI.
There appears to be a bug in Amiberry where it does not flash the NUMLOCK as advertised.

However, if you use UAE4ARM -- it works absolutely perfect with the drive lights.

Apparently, I've heard that if you run Amiberry on Raspbian as a non-sudo user, the lights work. I have not tried this yet, but will this week. Just need to create a new user, ensure it has read/write perms to the Amiberry directory, and launch.

Jeppe
Sweden

Posted Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:33 am

I have this on order now. Will try to find a nice solution to where to put it :)

planet4

Posted Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:29 pm

Thanks for posting this. I am doing something similar but with an Amiga 1200. I looked at the 3d files but somehow I will need to modify them for A1200. Do you by any chance know if there are some files anywhere so I do not have to spend time on something that has been done already.

belfers

Posted Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:50 pm

Here is an alternative to the back right panel using keystone fittings that I designed and posted to thingverse. This also uses the more affordable arduino leonardo which I picked up for $12 on ebay to control the keyboard. Will eventually post a back left panel with the same keystone fittings. 
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3127758

mattsoft

Posted Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:54 pm

belfers wrote:Here is an alternative to the back right panel using keystone fittings that I designed and posted to thingverse. This also uses the more affordable arduino leonardo which I picked up for $12 on ebay to control the keyboard. Will eventually post a back left panel with the same keystone fittings. 
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3127758
Nice! This is a great remix.

I'm in the middle of a 1000 to MiSTer DE-10 FPGA conversion and am using an Arduino Nano for keyboard interface.

hooleydog

Posted Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:52 pm

Hi. Just letting you know that I've ordered your fantastic kit from eBay.. Because I've always wanted a Raspberry Pi in a Amiga case, and I've ordered the Tynemouth Software's (TS) Amiga 500 USB keyboard adapter (With Audio), as I do need audio out like a real Amiga has.. However, I will be moving the Pi further back.. Because I will be fitting a Power block, and a RTC clock too (Both will be clear of the keyboard).. But If you ever do make a bracket for a USB floppy drive, I sure would be interested in buying one. That will complete the Pi Amiga conversion (It will be way faster than any real Amiga), as for real Amiga's... I do have 2 of them... One is a 500+ and the other is a 2000 (Both have 68030 Accelerators fitted), so the Pi Amiga will be called "Pi 500+ AGA" (Shame I can't get a case label called that)..

Mike..

Return to “Hardware”