Amenophis

Posted Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:47 am

Dear Amigans,

A1200Team and I are happy to share with you our third Crowdfunding campaign on your awesome forum.

►New Amiga 500(+) Compatible cases

Campaign Link:
https://tiny.cc/a500case

Please note:

This campaign is now in USD.
Previous campaign for the keycaps was in Singapore Dollars and this wasn't easy for some backers to notice right away.
Moving to Indiegogo let us the option to chose the USD currency, alongside a bunch of other features they offer.
Things not possible on Kickstarter.

Campaign informations:
The purpose of this new campaign is to create new molds for Amiga 500 computer cases.
With the Team we've decided to go for the A500+ case design with its larger badge. Since we'll provide nice Metal badges. ;)
The molds will carry out the case shells, but also expansion doors, and Apollo Vampire ports adapter, Vampire V4 cradle and if everything goes as planned with the last stretch goal; Replacement shells for Tank Mouse will be available too.

The bulk of the stress for the keycaps is now over.
We know we have the design and materials down. We are now waiting for our production slot and then go into labeling.
And this is 100% outsourced to our manufacturing partners.

Thus we now have the bandwidth to invest time in the next project and work on the design (which started already a few months ago with we had the Keycap Design set it stone)

Here a couple campaign details and case features:
  • The campaign will last 45 days. It can be expended to 60 days if necessary.
  • You can pledge on multiple rewards - Just send a message after your first pledge and we'll get back to you.
  • New run of Keycaps is planned - This will happen after all keycaps backers have received their rewards.
  • Cases are Replica of Original A500 case
  • Full support for Vampire accelerators
  • New trapdoor on the rear
  • Vented bottom trapdoor
  • Metal brass inserts & screws
  • Case Metal Badge
  • Rubber Foot
  • New Original A500 Color.
  • New Tank Mouse Shells (Stretch Goal)

Special Editions
- Watch the Trailer on Youtube

Of course the Team and myself are available should you have any more questions ;)

Thank you again for your support and for helping us to continue and renew necessary parts of the Amiga classics.

Cheers,
Phil
Team A1200NET

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:08 am

Very cool and good luck! Lord knows the 500 deserves this love!

After a single day, $25K has already been raised - a great start. Fingers crossed it makes it. I bet it will. That being said, I posted about it on Twitter, as have others, and I know it's getting some eyeballs over on Reddit, too.

On a side note: do you happen to know when the keys will ship? :)

Amenophis

Posted Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:16 am

intric8 wrote: On a side note: do you happen to know when the keys will ship? :)

Hi Intric8,

Thank you very much for your kind words.

About the keycaps, yes indeed.

Right now we're on the verge or mass production.
We're just waiting for the last full keycaps sample set to be delivered by factory.

This is will be the occasion of a second keycaps campaign update with photos and video.
Second, because we'll publish a quick update early next week to inform backers about.. exactly what i've told you :)

Surely this new full set sample should be perfect, then we'll schedule mass production with manufacturer.
And when the date is reached, production starts.

We'll have 2 run of production due to complexity of the multiple combinations of colors and language layout.
So the first being produced are:

- A1200 Original
- White
- Black
- Translucent

for all combinations of US/UK and DE language layouts.
► This represents 75% of total production!

Then shorly after the last 25%, with all other combinations or colors and langages..
This will take a bit time, but all is in good hand.

Hopefully my explanations are clear for you, notably regarding the second part of production haha.

I'm here to answer your questions, do not hesitate.

You were talking about a Reddit thread?
Could you point me out?

Thanks a lot for your support,

Cheers,
Phil
Team A1200NET

McTrinsic

Posted Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:51 am

Sorry, I avoid IndieGoGo as they seem to attract fraud starters.
Out of my three attempts for perks at IG I got one and no refund for the two failed ones. Kickstarter handles this much better. I never lost money on a KS campaign. Either got a perk or a refund. Maybe the perk wasn't quite what I expected but always was o.k.

So no IG for me.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:12 pm

@Amenophis
You were talking about a Reddit thread?
Could you point me out?
Sure.

@McTrinsic
I don't blame you at all. I've only focused on Kickstarter, and even on KS I'm not very thrilled to back projects anymore. So often if I just wait I can usually get the exact same thing for far less than the KS cost. Unless there is a really special add-on, I've often felt I kind of get jipped along the way. And my god - whatever the ship date is on KS, just double it in your mind to ease future stress.

I won't go into details here, but let's just say that the folks who help in getting the product shipped seem to usually pay more than when the actual product makes it to market. So yeah, I totally get it. Recent prime example: Thimbleweed Park. But I digress.

Amenophis

Posted Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:49 pm

Thanks for the Link Intric8 ;)

@McTrinsic,

Indiegogo & Kickstarters are both crowdfunding platforms.
What happened to you on Indiegogo could have happened on Kickstarter as well. There is no rules here.. just bad luck.

Our Team delivers!
And we proved that already, while our main goal is Quality first.

When you pledge on a Crowdfunding platform, it's not about the platform but about the TEAM behind the project you are putting your trust in.

But I do understand you that it is painful when a crowdfunding campaign do not delivers.
And it happened to me a couple times as well..
So I do know and understand what you mean.

I'm not trying to convince you here.

However you can have a look at our first case here, here and here.

Thanks again ;)

TheGoose

Posted Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:57 am

Ohh man, want a A1000 case. I have a pile of working parts, no case. Looks pretty cool !

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:04 am

LOL I want a new, professional A1000 case & fully populated GBA1000. Hey, I can dream. :)

EzdineG
Springfield, MO

Posted Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:29 pm

If we're all gonna dream, can I put in a request for a new 1084 case? Mine's practically orange :/

Amenophis

Posted Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:02 pm

Hi Guys,

The team gets requests yes.

Where do you think the New Tank Mouse shell stretch goal comes from? :D

But you can forget that 1084 monitor shell, sorry to say that.

Thank you for your support guys, we need you.

Cheers,
Phil

Return to “Hardware”