Bulletdust

Posted Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:39 am

Are you sure the toaster will show up in the early boot menu? As I know that on my A1200 even my accelerator doesn't show up in the early boot menu, it shows nothing at all.

Damn I wish I had a Vampire for my A500!

santidarkg

Posted Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:19 am

bulletdust......... Well, A10001986 was right.

The software will detect the video toaster once is up and running but still I didnt install that part.

I dont have too much time and I already have my a1200 recapped. Too many toys :)

Back to the a2500.......... I did buy the new A2000 cpu adapter from Arananet. A few changes were done and now if feels more solid on the cpu connector. I did change the power supply fan with a another one super quiet. I cant hear when my A2500 is on. I have to see the LEDs blinking.

And now I need to find a SCSI2SD adapter for my DPS Personal Animation Recorder. The original hard drive is really noisy.

And........ one more thing. I am missing the internal serial connector from my TBC IV to the Amiga 2500 internal serial port. I have to make a cable for that.

As you can see, still is a work in progress :D

If you guys want to see this machine, I can post some photos here. Let me know

Best

femuruy

Posted Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:58 am

Photos! we all love Amiga P0rn

Bulletdust

Posted Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:14 am

Yeah!

Pics, pics pics!

santidarkg

Posted Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:34 am

ok........ here they are :)

- Amiga 2500
- CPU 2000 Slot adapter with Vampire V2+ and 64 Gb Compact flash
- HDMI, SDNetwork and SDCard extensions on the rear slots. Easy access. You will see it on the photos
- VideoToaster 4000
- Ariadne
- Vlab Motion
- Tocatta
- AD512 Sound card
- DPS Personal Animation Recorder
- DPS TBC IV (still I have to make an internal serial cable. I didnt know about this)

Only thing to finish it is to find an IDE adapter to SDCard that works with the P.A.R. card. Right now I
am using a Micropolis hard drive and it sounds like you have the airport close to your ears. I totally
forgot that sound until I installed it again.

Enjoy :)

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:49 am

Out of curiosity, is that HDMI card the mntmn ZZ9000? That this looks like a BEAST.

santidarkg

Posted Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:42 am

not, that connector is coming from my Vampire 500 V2+. It is an extension to the rear panels.

I just print out a 3d version with the spaces so I can close the case and be done :)

The tricky part now is to find a IDE to Compact flash where the PAR card doesnt complain. I really hate those Micropolis hard drives spinning at 10000 rpm. Is like having a jet taking off :).......... so noisy.

femuruy

Posted Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:19 pm

Very nice pics but can it run Crysis?

santidarkg

Posted Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:27 pm

who cares about Crysis....... that is an old game, right :)

It can run The Last of Us 2 :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Hardware”