TommyE

Posted Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:25 pm

Hello

Has anyone seen such a HDD for the A500?

Any place to find drivers etc.?

Thanks
Tommy
Attachments
805_1823584875.jpg

Dynamic_Computing

Posted Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:45 pm

Zydec was a company from the United Kingdom back in the day. I found some memory expansion and some floppies from that company, but I can't find any reference for any hard drives that they made. Maybe your serial number is number three and they're just demo units or sample units. Some expansion drives for the A500 head ROM chips with a proper device drivers built into it so they just are automatically loaded when you plug them in. What version of the operating system do you have?
What does HD tool box box report when you run it with this thing plugged in? Hopefully it will detect it.

McTrinsic

Posted Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:14 am

HDD Inst Tools will probably not ´detect´ anything.

Try Sysinfo or a similar tool to see if any devices are loaded.

Dynamic_Computing

Posted Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:21 am

You are probably right, McTrinsic. I am spoiled by OS 3.9 that searches out some of the common hard disk drivers. I imagine this A500 is 1.2 or 1.3 at best.
If the hard drive controller has autoboot ROMS, he may be OK.

TommyE

Posted Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:58 pm

Well, the thing is, this is not mine.

It showed up on a sales site here in Norway, but now its gone.

I collect old Amiga hardware, and had not seen this before my either.

Wanted to buy, but a part of me thought it was not worth it, as I mostly like the stuff that has the Commodore logo on it :)

Thanks anyways.

Regards
Tommy

LambdaCalculus
New Jersey, USA

Posted Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:17 am

Looks like this hard drive isn't even listed over at the Big Book of Amiga Hardware page.

You should contribute an entry for it! :)

TommyE

Posted Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:06 pm

LambdaCalculus wrote:Looks like this hard drive isn't even listed over at the Big Book of Amiga Hardware page.

You should contribute an entry for it! :)
I wanted to buy it, but it slipped thru my fingers because me hesitating abit .:)

Regards
Tommy

Return to “Hardware”