Amiga hardware info, help and support with a focus (but not limited to) North American NTSC experiences. Open to all.
Mr.Toast
Roseville, CA

by Mr.Toast posted Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:40 pm

Yeah I agree with Acill, totally. This forum is a good rally point for a lot of the repair oriented folks as we tend to get lost in the noisy places. So its great to have folks like you, mattsoft, obitus, rpi-guy and others who don't mind the iron. I've gotten lucky by having access to the Abyss stock so that gives me some good opportunities to noodle with spares. We could be a force multiplier.

Lately I have been preoccupied with keyboards of all manner. Trying to piece together what I can from a bunch of damaged and neglected ones, get the rehabilitated and eventually into the hands of some folks who really need them. Each one is like a hazmat scenario though.

Toast (Chris).
Acill

by Acill posted Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:25 am

The Abyss stuff can be scary. That reminds me too. I need some keyboard parts. I have three here I am attempting to make one good out of.
TjLaZer
Tacompton

by TjLaZer posted Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:35 am

I've had battery leakage on many different models over the years. I even had some minor leakage on some 3000's and 3000T's as well. I did a similar repair on my 3000's as the leakage was minor, and it was a success. The Amber circuitry was affected by one but after cleaning the area up and the chips, is working fine now. In my experiences the 2000 fairs the best with battery leakage, compared to the 3000 and 4000. Since the board is larger. Depends on how much is leaked and for hot long it has sit of course. I always warn everyone now to replace and clean up any leakage asap. On my first 3000T since it's vertical the minor leak ruined the motherboard. At the time I was lucky and found a spare motherboard on eBay that I was able to save as the battery had not leaked on it yet.