Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:40 pm
(Drum roll)

As of today, work has resumed. <3
... and?

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA
Website

Posted Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:16 pm

It's still on-going. And it's slow going. There is a section of this site which is hidden to everyone except a very small group of people working on the Rejuvenator. And work resumed in mid-December and in earnest in early January. It's all about the PAL decoding at this point and frankly the work and effort I see being done is quite inspirational.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-01-16 at 9.14.50 PM.png

DonP

Posted Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:43 am

Wishing the best for this project.

I've been running my A1000 with the Rejuvenator since the early 1990's when I spared no expense on upgrading.
2MB Agnus and other ECS chips
1.3 and 3.1 Roms with that ROM switching board (DKB KwikStart II)
Spirit 1.5MB expansion board
Sapphire Accelerator
Dataflyer with WB 1,3, 2.1 and 3.1 in different partitions.
CD-Rom

This setup runs rock solid - no death screens. I usually play Deluxe Galaga on it.

The one hardware piece of hardware I couldn't get to work was a Dillinger Accelerator with an 030 50Mhz and Math Co. It's probably best because it wouldn't fit anyways.

I got one of those adapters to run a USB mouse - what a life saver! Sorry, but tank mouse sucks.

I have a 1084 monitor but have thoughts of upgrading with a box.

Good Luck!

nonarkitten

Posted Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:56 pm

DonP wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:43 am
Wishing the best for this project.

I've been running my A1000 with the Rejuvenator since the early 1990's when I spared no expense on upgrading.
2MB Agnus and other ECS chips
1.3 and 3.1 Roms with that ROM switching board (DKB KwikStart II)
Spirit 1.5MB expansion board
Sapphire Accelerator
Dataflyer with WB 1,3, 2.1 and 3.1 in different partitions.
CD-Rom

This setup runs rock solid - no death screens. I usually play Deluxe Galaga on it.

The one hardware piece of hardware I couldn't get to work was a Dillinger Accelerator with an 030 50Mhz and Math Co. It's probably best because it wouldn't fit anyways.

I got one of those adapters to run a USB mouse - what a life saver! Sorry, but tank mouse sucks.

I have a 1084 monitor but have thoughts of upgrading with a box.

Good Luck!
Quite the nice setup. It's amazing how much of the A1000's problems are solved with the Vampire -- RAM, CPU and Kickstart ROMs.

Chip RAM is still the worst part about owning an A1000 and the wait for a new Rejuvenator or one for sale is killing me. I'm working on an A2000 to A500 trapdoor adapter that also uses the 8375 to expand to 2MB of total chip AND would allow the use of the A314 in all the non-AGA big box Amigas.

I mean, imagine ... Amiga 1000, Vampire V2, 2MB ECS Agnus, Indivision ECS and A314 all in one box. Wheee.

The Amiga 2000 A314 adapter project: https://easyeda.com/Renee/amiga-a315
My Amiga Denise 180 adapter: https://oshpark.com/shared_projects/MoFmwGpa

Return to “Hardware”