SteveE671
Burleson, TX

Posted Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:57 pm

So, I got a free A1000. I want to make it a sleeper.

Has anybody successfully installed 3.1 ROM and a TF530 in the system.

Most importantly, I have a blank Rev. 3 TF530 board, can anyone here assemble it. I can through hole solder great. SMD, not so much. Maybe I'm freaking myself out and it's not as hard as I imagine it being.

Can you folks offer some advice?

Thanks.

dalek
Australia

Posted Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:48 am

SteveE671 wrote:So, I got a free A1000. I want to make it a sleeper.

Most importantly, I have a blank Rev. 3 TF530 board, can anyone here assemble it. I can through hole solder great. SMD, not so much. Maybe I'm freaking myself out and it's not as hard as I imagine it being.

Thanks.
Free - nice!

If you can solder through hole okay, it's worth watching TerribleFire's youtube videos on soldering the TF530. You _will_ need a microscope to check your soldering afterwards. It's actually a great project to learn smd soldering. There is a tutorial on programming the cplds with a raspberry pi so you don't need to buy a xilinx programmer (which used to be a significant cost of building one).

EzdineG
Springfield, MO

Posted Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:27 am

SteveE671 wrote:So, I got a free A1000. I want to make it a sleeper.

Thanks.
Yes.

A microscope is absolutely required. Small(ish) leads on your multimeter will avoid unneccessary aggravation when testing for bridges. With the adapters available on this site, you should even be able to re-fit the RF shield when you're done.

The sleepiest of sleepers.

Return to “Hardware”