oldbull

Posted Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:09 pm

Hopefully it will arrive this coming week.

Q1: Is there a "compatibility list" for CF cards?

This is what I can get locally.

Q2: I've been studying 10MARC's review video of the ACA500+ and pausing so I can get a better look at the screens. What speed rating of CF card do I need to set "MAX CF PIO MODE" to the fastest setting?

Thank you.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:14 pm

I ordered mine the same time you did, pretty sure. I got mine 2 days ago.

McTrinsic

Posted Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:22 am

What CF adapter (IDE?) are you using?

Did I miss that?

oldbull

Posted Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:39 am

@McTrinsic I didn't know I needed one of those. The ACA500+ has CF slots built-in. After that it's just a matter of using HDTools on the Workbench install disk to partition and format the CF card.

The reason for my starting this thread is because I want to buy compatible CF cards when I go to the store.

McTrinsic

Posted Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:33 pm

You don’t need one. I misread Aca500 with A500.

Sorry for that.

rpiguy9907

Posted Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:32 pm

Would love to see a review video, or extended write up on this.

I came close to pulling the trigger, but I have absolutely no desk space at the moment for anything to the left of my A500, and I don't feel right putting away another Commodore just so I can play with the A500.

There are definitely a few games, mostly ported from other platforms, that do very well with some extra juice under the hood... or in this case, an outboard motor :-)

~ Chris

oldbull

Posted Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:50 pm

There's a review by 10MARC (aka Dynamic_Computing on this board) here.

Zippy Zapp
CA, USA

Posted Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:04 pm

Are you guys planning on using it with some sort of case? If so what? I have an ACA500 and an ACA500+ and both are pretty much still in the box. I used the first version for a bit but then I shifted to Amiga 2000 and my A1200 so it went back in the box. I like the idea of the AR freezer in the 500+

I am going to be setting my A500 up again and thought maybe i should have some sort of case.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:06 am

They are not easy to get, @zippyzapp, but the Plexilaser ones in Germany are pretty cool.

Zippy Zapp
CA, USA

Posted Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:24 am

Wow that thing is huge. Makes sense since it has to have room for an accelerator. I don't plan on using an accelerator with it so it would be cool if there was a smaller case for it. Oh well, I guess as long as you don't touch the board it should be ok.

Return to “Hardware”