rjd

Posted Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:55 am

To date I have just messed around a little with Intuition and hacked it to create a crude pong game named wbpong which is downloadable and playable directly: which is slow on default mode but you can use one of the following:

wbpong [normal|hard|harderer|insane|wtf]

Yes, this thing does not have a click-able icon, so you have to be in the same directly where `wbpong' resides and run one of the commands (see above).

I hope to do more soon. I do not really have a great amount of time these days and I am trying to learn more about 68k assembly.

Hope you enjoy!

Shot97
Detroit, MI, USA
Website

Posted Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:14 am

I can attest that it's pretty addicting and very impressive considering it's running in a window on top of Workbench! I still play it when I'm staring at Workbench and can't think of anything to do. Great little Workbench game!

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA
Website

Posted Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:26 am

Very cool rjd! You're quite humble about your efforts - this is pretty neat. And welcome to AmigaLove! Honored to have to here.

rjd

Posted Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:13 am

Version 1.1 is available.

Game can be started from WB / has icon.
Paddle movement is much smoother.
Records of previous results.
Actual aim of >200 pts.
No need for shell output/input.
Paddle double in width / half depending on dominance.

Was just a bit of fun since I re-booted the Amiga 500 - thought I would tweak things around a little.

Cheers.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA
Website

Posted Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:34 am

Very much looking forward to giving this a go this weekend. I'll see if I can get it up on my 1000.

<3

rjd

Posted Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:49 pm

intric8 wrote:Very much looking forward to giving this a go this weekend. I'll see if I can get it up on my 1000.

<3
Cheers. It will be interesting to see if it works in 1.2

Return to “Software”