User avatar
m0th

Posted Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:08 pm

UPDATE!!

The drive works!!! but...

Image

I'm reading that it's caused by going over the 4GB partition limit? The partition set for DH0 for WINUAE was set to around 2000mb for this hard disk image.

User avatar
EzdineG
Springfield, MO

Posted Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:19 pm

[edit]

Try booting from floppy and using HDTOOLBOX to partition and format that CF drive, maybe 300MB, and then install 3.1.4 from floppy.

If that works, then it was indeed some sort of other geometry problem.

User avatar
m0th

Posted Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:21 pm

EzdineG wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:19 pm
When booting via floppy on the real hardware, does the HDToolbox see the CF card?

Did you try reversing the INT2 and OVR wires? I won't do any harm.
Sadly it doesn't see the CF card when booting from floppy. This was the first screen that appeared after I got it to work. Will switch the INT2 and OVR and see what happens.

User avatar
EzdineG
Springfield, MO

Posted Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:23 pm

That reply was before you posted the "IT WORKS!" so you most likely had the correct orientation.

Try the steps I detailed above regarding HDTOOLBOX since you can now at least boot from the drive.

User avatar
m0th

Posted Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:24 pm

Switching them did not work either. The Workbench error you see above is with both the INT2 and OVR unplugged.
EzdineG wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:23 pm
That reply was before you posted the "IT WORKS!" so you most likely had the correct orientation.

Try the steps I detailed above regarding HDTOOLBOX since you can now at least boot from the drive.
The error wont let me boot to the system tools. It's the first thing that shows up when turning on the Amiga.

User avatar
McTrinsic

Posted Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:20 pm

Could be cable length.

User avatar
EzdineG
Springfield, MO

Posted Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:25 pm

m0th wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:24 pm
Switching them did not work either. The Workbench error you see above is with both the INT2 and OVR unplugged.
EzdineG wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:23 pm
That reply was before you posted the "IT WORKS!" so you most likely had the correct orientation.

Try the steps I detailed above regarding HDTOOLBOX since you can now at least boot from the drive.
The error wont let me boot to the system tools. It's the first thing that shows up when turning on the Amiga.

The floppy should take precedence if one is inserted on power up. Use HDTOOLBOX from the floppy boot to repartition the drive and reinstall.

Try a different SD card, or get this into a Windows machine and use the diskpart clean command to wipe it. That, or as McT says you have a shite or too long IDE cable.

User avatar
m0th

Posted Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:44 pm

McTrinsic wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:20 pm
Could be cable length.
I've had an order for a 4 inch cable in from China for a while on another project. Is the shorter the better?
EzdineG wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:25 pm
The floppy should take precedence if one is inserted on power up. Use HDTOOLBOX from the floppy boot to repartition the drive and reinstall.

Try a different SD card, or get this into a Windows machine and use the diskpart clean command to wipe it. That, or as McT says you have a shite or too long IDE cable.
I'll see if I can just wipe the SD and try installing it locally like you're saying. If all else fails, I might just buy another IDE device. Any recommendations that worked for you?

User avatar
EzdineG
Springfield, MO

Posted Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:51 am

m0th wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:44 pm
I'll see if I can just wipe the SD and try installing it locally like you're saying. If all else fails, I might just buy another IDE device. Any recommendations that worked for you?
I’m using the exact same one you are using without issue.

User avatar
m0th

Posted Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:44 am

EzdineG wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:51 am
I’m using the exact same one you are using without issue.
I will continue to troubleshoot and post if I'm successful for the next update.





Return to “Software”