McTrinsic

Posted Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:03 pm

On a stock 68k you could try the latest Roadshow TCP/IP stack. It's available for 68k now as well afair. Miami is really slow with AExplorer in my experience.

You could try Lync. Other than that there is little software for the net for 68k I think. Maybe some _old_ FTP-software.

nullsleep

Posted Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:15 am

There's a new option now. (full disclosure: I am the author)

amigaXfer is an easy to use GUI tool for lightning fast serial-port floppy and file transfers.

All Classic Amiga models are supported. All AmigaOS (1.x/2.x/3.x), all Kickstart versions (I have tested 34/37/39/40/45).
All you need is an Amiga, another computer and a serial cable (any null-modem will work, only 3 wires used).

It does achieve 512kbit/s on a basic A500, no expansions. Most PC serial ports only go up to 115200, but it is possible to get these higher speeds with usb-serial adapters.

As it uses the Kickstart built-in debugger, no software is needed in the Amiga side. Just loadwb -debug, select the Debug/RomWack/SAD option in Workbench's extra debug menu and enjoy.

I provide Win32 binaries, they should work on Windows 7 or higher.

http://aminet.net/package/comm/misc/amigaXfer_win32

Otherwise, other platforms will work if using the source code. This is Python 3.8+, PySerial and WxPython based.

Open Source, MIT License.

SPiFF

Posted Mon May 31, 2021 3:48 pm

I use a NULL Modem as well for the BBS like feel! :D

NComm on the Amiga side and minicom on the Mac side.
A1200-ncommxfer.jpeg

Return to “Software”