BatteMan
France
Website

Posted Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:29 pm

I made a KickWork disk for my A1000, with the Piru's mkkickwork command, and I'm proud of me :D

I just wrote an article on my blog (in french), a "how to create a kickwork disk with MorphOS" (but you could adapt this howto easily for WinUAE or a Classic Amiga).
I hope the Google translation is readable for native english !

One disk to rule them all and in the KickWork bind them (this is the link to the Google translation of my article)

Hope this article can be useful for someone someday ;)

dansalvato
Boise, ID
Website

Posted Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:48 am

My favorite part of this story is that he's still selling the software for $36. It just seems really cool to buy a piece of software written 30 years ago from the original developer. It's great when things are released as freeware or abandonware, but when it's still for sale it feels special in a way, although it's rare. I think it's a very tangible reminder that these things aren't as "lost to time" as we perceive them.

It makes me wish there was some kind of retro software collective, or app store, that allowed original developers to host and distribute (or sell) their old work, as well as connect with each other. Wouldn't that be amazing?

McTrinsic

Posted Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:32 pm

Yes, awesome idea. Would be amazing.

... and would drain my money ;) .

Return to “Software”