EzdineG
Springfield, MO

Posted Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:57 am

I’ve found Term to be a bit more resource intensive than A-Talk 3.

On a memory expanded, stock CPU Amiga 1000 using the 8n1.device serial driver, I can go as high as 57600bps in 8 color mode with both terminals. With Term, the machine can’t update the display quick enough (studders) and fails to translate some ANSI codes when it falls behind. A-Talk 3 is as smooth as butter and the rendering is always perfect. This after tweaking every option in he menus for speed.

Has anyone else noticed similar?

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:34 am

I've never done a speed analysis. I run all of my terminals/modems at 9600 for BBS'ing. That seems to be the money spot from an compatibility standpoint.

I also use A-Talk II nearly exclusively for ANSI board. I've found it to be the most polished, user-friendly terminal I've ever used. These days, though, I'm using 64 Door a ton as I hit C64/128 boards nearly 100% of the time. (I should explore more, but I'm happy.)

I would like to learn how to connect my Amiga to my home network, though, using these wifi modems if that is possible. If so, it would be great to dial them up to insane speeds and transfer ADFs from one to another. I don't mind using the null modem cable, but going wireless sometimes would be convenient.

McTrinsic

Posted Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:49 pm

Can't help you with that one.
I only use NComm with a 3.1 system.
The serial connection is via a VarIO high-speed v24 @115kbaud.

jdryyz

Posted Sun May 19, 2019 11:47 am

@BulletDust

Are those Workbench screens from an RTG card? The standard fonts appear to be rendered quite nicely.

Bulletdust

Posted Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:55 am

I admit, I totally missed this post.

Jdryyz, no, those Workbench screens are rendered on the AGA chipset via an Indivision AGA MkII Cr to a Dell 17" IPS LCD monitor.

jdryyz

Posted Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:49 am

No worries.

What is the actual resolution of that screen?
Bulletdust wrote:I admit, I totally missed this post.

Jdryyz, no, those Workbench screens are rendered on the AGA chipset via an Indivision AGA MkII Cr to a Dell 17" IPS LCD monitor.

Return to “Software”