Amiga OS, Workbench and Kickstart, Utilities, Optimizations, Hacks and all things file/usage related
femuruy

by femuruy posted Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:34 am

Thanks mate! will try it ASAP
Looking forward to get any of the AGA Amigas!
primitivefunction

by primitivefunction posted Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:36 am

I still use DirOpus version 1.56 on all my 68000 Amigas, the same version I’ve been using since the early 90s. For day to day file copying, editing start-up sequences, viewing .iff files etc it does exactly what I need it to. Its very light unlike later versions.

I run mine from floppy but its super easy to install on a hard disk. I mainly use it with 1.3 but it works fine with 3.1.
femuruy

by femuruy posted Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:23 am

Thanks, will give it a try! i really can't remember which version i used to use back in the day (i had an a500 w/ a Supra HD/RAM sidecar)
Looking forward to get any of the AGA Amigas!
piper_flatline

by piper_flatline posted Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:37 pm

Overmann wrote:I absolutely LOVE DOpus! Installing is a breeze. Just copy all the files from the floppy into a folder on the HDD and assign that folder as DOPUS: in the startup-sequence...

Thanks for that. I just got my ACA500plus and was trying to figure out how to get DOPUS properly working on the CF card because it kept giving me errors when I tried just copying it over. Adding the path to the (user-startup) file worked! :)
sugar and spice and everything knife.
McTrinsic

by McTrinsic posted Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:39 am

I prefer DosControl on 1.3 installs.

It's become freeware recently.

It's downloadable from here:
http://www.mengelke.de/Amiga/DosControl#download

The download should also contain an English version.

Just get Lha and lzx from aminet and you're in FileManager heaven. At least as close as you can get in Amigaland.