femuruy

Posted Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:34 am

Thanks mate! will try it ASAP

primitivefunction

Posted Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:36 am

I still use DirOpus version 1.56 on all my 68000 Amigas, the same version I’ve been using since the early 90s. For day to day file copying, editing start-up sequences, viewing .iff files etc it does exactly what I need it to. Its very light unlike later versions.

I run mine from floppy but its super easy to install on a hard disk. I mainly use it with 1.3 but it works fine with 3.1.

femuruy

Posted Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:23 am

Thanks, will give it a try! i really can't remember which version i used to use back in the day (i had an a500 w/ a Supra HD/RAM sidecar)

piper_flatline

Posted Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:37 pm

Overmann wrote:I absolutely LOVE DOpus! Installing is a breeze. Just copy all the files from the floppy into a folder on the HDD and assign that folder as DOPUS: in the startup-sequence...
Thanks for that. I just got my ACA500plus and was trying to figure out how to get DOPUS properly working on the CF card because it kept giving me errors when I tried just copying it over. Adding the path to the (user-startup) file worked! :)

McTrinsic

Posted Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:39 am

I prefer DosControl on 1.3 installs.

It's become freeware recently.

It's downloadable from here:
http://www.mengelke.de/Amiga/DosControl#download

The download should also contain an English version.

Just get Lha and lzx from aminet and you're in FileManager heaven. At least as close as you can get in Amigaland.

Rod_cl34

Posted Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:18 pm

Hi guys,
where could i download a DirOpus 4 version that works with os 1.3?
Best

Rod

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sat May 01, 2021 10:13 am

I pulled down DOpus 4.12A off the EAB FTP file server just now, and it launched for me in emulation. It was set to German, but I think if you use the Installation program you'll be able to set it to English.

This is the file I got for you just now.

DemiseNZ
Auckland, New Zealand

Posted Thu May 20, 2021 11:57 am

intric8 wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 10:13 am
I pulled down DOpus 4.12A off the EAB FTP file server just now, and it launched for me in emulation. It was set to German, but I think if you use the Installation program you'll be able to set it to English.

This is the file I got for you just now.
If you delete the CFG file, it will revert back to English with all the default settings. Just remember to go into the configuration and save, so it generates a new CFG.

toples50

Posted Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:53 am

I've installed V4.12 from its original disk but doesn't run on my A600 v3.1.Amiga crash...
Have to try another D.Opus version?

Return to “Software”