femuruy

Posted Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:31 am

My Amiga 500 is now up and running WB3.1, MUI, DMaster and not much more. What else should i install or do with it?

Specs: Amiga 500 6a.,501 512k expansion (to be replaced soon ), ACA500+, 4gb CF for Workbench and tools, 16gb CF for others.

What about SCALOS? any other workbench enhacements i must add? (been away 20 years so i don't know what are we using on amigas nowadays)

Regards from the far south

Femuruy

LambdaCalculus
New Jersey, USA

Posted Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:06 am

Why not try a few small games out? There's a recently released port of the Philips Videopac G7000 game KC Munchkin for the Amiga, which is available on Aminet!

If you need a way to write ADFs on an Amiga, I highly recommend TSGui for that purpose!

femuruy

Posted Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:32 am

Gaming think will be easier on my ARMIGA or my RPi3 .... current situation on the A500 is that need a way to mount ADF (got a large collection) into my WB3.1, my FDD is not working .... yet ...

LambdaCalculus
New Jersey, USA

Posted Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:51 am

The tool that I use for mounting ADFs in OS 3.9, DiskImageGUI, would've been a choice, but it requires a 68020 minimum, which also means that I can't add it to my Amiga 600 setup until I get a Furia into it.

There's a few other tools on Aminet for that purpose, but I'm not super familiar with many of them. A few are also CLI-based, but I'm sure that they're not too difficult to work with.

McTrinsic

Posted Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:08 am

Hi,
als a nice start to get an impression you might want to check a tutorial from 'back then'.
When setting up my system I did browse through all that was discussed and looked for new/updated or freely released software on Aminet.

http://www.geocities.ws/dsmatthews_99/h ... tents.html

Only other addition I have is that if you install MUI you should consider 'Ro' as your FileManager.

Return to “Software”