Amiga OS, Workbench and Kickstart, Utilities, Optimizations, Hacks and all things file/usage related
intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

by intric8 posted Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:29 pm

In-between gaming and hardware hacking and collection organizing, sometimes I really feel the need to just do something productive, even if in the grand scheme of things what's being produced is entirely just for my own personal use and doesn't actually impact squat.

Case in point: my folder/drawer for Terminal programs on my Amiga. I access this drawer a lot. And the window I stare at is really just a sea of monotonous folders.

So, I cracked open Icon Master for Workbench 1.3 and started pushing some pixels. Its simple tools can allow you to create some surprisingly sophisticated icons if you take the time and have the motivation.

I'm happy with the results!

Sorry about the shaky cam - it was spur of the moment.

And I just love the natural pixel blending you get with CRT monitors.
IMG_7059.jpg

IMG_7060.jpg
Screenshot of the design screen from Icon Master.
Dynamic_Computing

by Dynamic_Computing posted Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:56 am

I used to use the font editor in WB 2 to create my own fonts. I remember in college I created a Cyrillic font. It looked great! I bet that is still on an old hard drive somewhere
https://www.youtube.com/c/10minuteamigaretrocast
@10marc1 on Twitter
intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

by intric8 posted Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:52 am

If you ever find it let me know. Would love to see it.

I’ve been experimenting with a C64 emulator in my A2000 recently and probably one of the coolest things it offers is a pixel perfect C64 font!