intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:59 am

Pretty nifty beta software that allows an Amiga to access Google Drive storage. There are some quirks, and some basic requirements (OS 3.1, 8MB RAM, internet) but a pretty fabulous idea with more options in the future. It only costs $10 for a full license.
Planned features:
* OCR (automatic text document export from image, during upload)
* Shared file support
* Change detection
* MOS, AROS x86, OS4 port
Dropbox and Google Cloud Print are planned as well.
When Dropbox is ready, I'm in.

anchor
Hungary

Posted Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:31 am

Meanwhile all planned port is ready:

Image GoogleDrive_handler_68k
Image GoogleDrive_handler_mos
Image GoogleDrive_handlr_aros
Image GoogleDrive_handler_os4

Dropbox handler is coming... :)

anchor
Hungary

Posted Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:27 pm

hello Amigos,

google blocked my authorization short link (https://goo.gl/1K3xoq) for google-drive handler. they said i violated their terms. so here is the full link

Dynamic_Computing

Posted Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:59 am

Oh wow! That is pretty incredible! I would not have imagined access to Google Drive from my 68k Amiga!

Dynamic_Computing

Posted Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:32 am

I have been using this software for a few weeks now, and I have to say it is pretty incredible. It can take a moment for everything to appear when you click the icon on Workbench (especially if you have a ton of stuff in Dropbox like me) but accessing the drives via the CLI is just about real time.
They show up in just about any program with a real file requestor as DBOX: and GOOGLE: but I find them a little slow to use reliably from inside programs. Instead I save the work locally on my drives, and then copy the data to the DBOX: drive.
For example, I use TV Paint 3.6 and their odd file requestor scheme takes about a minute to refresh and show me my images in Dropbox ( even thought there are only 5 in that folder) - it takes 5 seconds in other directories.
Spend the 10 bucks for this if you use your Amiga online - it makes transferring files from your PC a breeze! I was so impressed I sent the author $25.00.

Return to “Software”