The real reason you got that machine (or emulator), right? Classic and new Amiga games talked about here.
intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Times of Lore

by intric8 Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:49 pm

IMG_8033.jpg

Times of Lore is a pretty legendary game on the C64. It came out in 1988 and is a pretty breathtaking technical achievement. In many ways it reminds me a lot of a bridge between the 8-bit and 16-bit versions of Zelda.

It was designed by Chris Roberts, who later went on to create the Wing Commander games. Pretty fantastic pedigree right there.
IMG_8057.jpg

I never played it on the 64, but read about it plenty of times. Then, in early October my good buddy Mattsoft handed me a copy he'd picked up as a belated birthday present. The thing is MINT.

Honestly I don't think it's ever even been played. This is the kind of game that has to be played off a booted floppy, and saves go to a separate player disk.

It also comes with a paper full-color map, which is pretty cool. And you don't find solid white disks that often from back it the day.
IMG_8035.jpg
IMG_8034.jpg

This looks like one of those games I might go wandering around in for a month. But I'm eager to check it out soon.
obitus1990

Re: Times of Lore

by obitus1990 Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:20 pm

One of my most favorite games of all time on the C64 when I was a kid. Never played it on the amiga. My brother and I played the hell out of it back in the 80s.