TenLeftFingers

Posted Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:07 am

I've managed to get to the end of the first level (past checkpoint #1) where the new enemies begin. They move so fast, it's basically impossible as a single player. Maybe it's just a game that needs to be played with two players? Any tips appreciated. And, if anyone would like to play via Amiga Live, I'd like to join you. Although... I might need to sort out my network connection first. I'm on 4G wireless at the moment.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:02 am

That game looks and sounds really familiar. I think I might have played the arcade version but not the Amiga version. It seems to be legendary for its difficulty - no wonder you're having a tough time!

TenLeftFingers

Posted Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:11 pm

Yes, I've noticed that on YouTube the only people who get further into level two have a wing man. I'll be breaking this out at our next event :)

mattsoft

Posted Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:53 pm

how does TC play with 1 stick and 1 button? I remember the arcade being a dual stick shooter.

TenLeftFingers

Posted Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:18 am

I didn't know that. On Amiga, you can hold down the fire button to keep him facing the same direction. This lets you strafe while firing.

Besides that, pickups that kill all enemies on screen are activated instantly rather than held for later.

What did the other button/stick do in the arcade? Maybe it was just for second player?

mattsoft

Posted Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:04 pm

The left stick moved your character and the right stick fired. Dual stick, yo!

TenLeftFingers

Posted Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:40 pm

mattsoft wrote:The left stick moved your character and the right stick fired. Dual stick, yo!
Shooting with a stick is news to me. I would expect buttons.

mattsoft

Posted Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:43 pm

TenLeftFingers wrote:
mattsoft wrote:The left stick moved your character and the right stick fired. Dual stick, yo!
Shooting with a stick is news to me. I would expect buttons.
I cannot tell a lie:

Smash TV and Robotron 2084 was the same way, yo.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:40 pm

Robotron was the first game that came to my mind that used a dual sticks and one stick to fire. That game was SO hard. Once I would get to the "tanks" I would become terrified. But man the laser gun in that game was so amazingly satisfying.

TenLeftFingers

Posted Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:31 am

Dual stick sounds really novel, fun interesting and probably hard. It also sounds like the Wii was around earlier than I thought, in a way : )

Thanks for the picture Mattsoft, I found a video online but couldn't get good look at the controls. I think using the fire button on the Amiga was a clever compromise in that case.

Return to “Games”