TenLeftFingers

Posted Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:55 am

At Amiga Ireland in January, Ms Mad Lemon introduced my girl to Crazy Sue, and she loves it. I'm looking for suggestions for games that are easier than average (Crazy Sue is actually quite hard but the main character is a girl so she loves that).

Has anyone any suggestions? <3

Shot97
Detroit, MI, USA

Posted Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:35 am

A favorite of mine as a child was the educational game Discovery. Depending on the version you get you have to answer spelling/math/etc kind of questions while collecting crystals in a space ship. I've covered several educational games but that's probably the best of the lot. As for just games that were easy... I don't know, the Amiga was my dad's computer, and he wanted a challenge. I liked what he liked. My sister also played on the Amiga, Who Framed Roger Rabbit was a favorite of hers, but that's not easy... Marble Madness was another favorite, very hard one there. Come to think of it most of the games I played as a kid were quite hard indeed, and I still loved them.

McTrinsic

Posted Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:43 pm

If it's about a girl as main character - Great Giana Sisters.

I have a hard time to remember easy games. Most were hard, especially compared to today.

Lemmings has a nice learning curve and is presented cutely.

Shot97
Detroit, MI, USA

Posted Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:50 pm

Lemmings; how could I have forgotten that one? Loved by adults and kids when it came out. Awesome slow and gradual learning curve that kids had a blast playing back in the day, though it would be impossible for them to finish... Impossible for most adults to finish that one, I've done it twice.

Into the Eagles Nest was a favorite of mine... I would day dream about it while in school, couldn't wait to get home to play it. Top down birds eye view, shooting Nazi's... haha... Not sure if a girl would be into that one though.

Well, it doesn't have to be all about games... I spent countless hours screwing around in Deluxe Paint.

TenLeftFingers

Posted Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:36 pm

Great recommendattions there Shot, thank you. Discovery looks great with none of the stress of imminent death :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bt8m0PP ... e=youtu.be

The games were hard in our day, and I find the kids today are used to the mobile games that are more casual and don't want to work hard to play a game these days. I don't blame them either.

McTrinsic, Lemmings is a good one too. She likes to watch that one but gets stressed out when they all start dying so she doesn't want to play it herself. Giana Sisters is a great idea. It's not too different from Crazy Sue in that regard but isn't as hard to play.
Last edited by TenLeftFingers on Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shot97
Detroit, MI, USA

Posted Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:00 pm

Couldn't you have chosen to link the 2nd video in the YouTube search? The one with the music actually playing correctly? My very first review ever? :P

https://youtu.be/bt8m0PPqaig

TenLeftFingers

Posted Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:10 pm

Ah, I'm sorry I missed that! Your video is *way* better so I've updated my post since nobody should be deprived of your personal touch on this review :)

By the way, for someone who's not into Christmas that's an impressive tree!

Shot97
Detroit, MI, USA

Posted Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:43 pm

Where's the link to the post? Give me! lol - Or do you mean the post here? I was thinking maybe you had made a separate post on games for kids or something.

TenLeftFingers

Posted Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:12 pm

Just my own comment here where I linked to YouTube. It's now upgraded to your video :P

McTrinsic

Posted Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:43 pm

Back to topic - what about Bubble Bobble or New Zealand Story?

Return to “Games”