The real reason you got that machine (or emulator), right? Classic and new Amiga games talked about here. Have you seen the Games Library?
G8rduc
North Florida

by G8rduc posted Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:48 am

BTW, I absolutely loved the Bard's Tale series...find that if you can. Once I resurrect this A2000 that I was given, I plan on finding a ton of the games I had when I was in High School. If only I had kept all of the music I had made in DMCS :(
Jimmy
Go Gators!
Computers I grew up with: Coleco ADAM, C64, Amiga 1000, Amiga 2000
intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

by intric8 posted Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:22 am

Yeah - I got all the way to the final boss.

It was brutal.

The game is so sluggish it would bring my beefed up 2000 to its knees. I came so close at the end but I gave up. I ultimately felt like making it that far was good enough for me. I got really close but not close enough. I loved the atmosphere in the game...

The original Dungeon Master was awesome, and I was able to beat that one. (barely!) The original is something I consider a top-shelf classic. It was so innovative, it's really mind boggling.
intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

by intric8 posted Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:27 am

Oh! And I know Bard's Tale pretty well. I've collected all 4 for Amiga (if you include Dragon Wars).

I played the original back in the day on my Commodore 64. The Bard's Tale series, like Ultima, is one I plan on marching through. I'm currently close to completing Ultima IV on the Amiga (please, God, let me finish it soon!). I feel like if you had taken my picture before I started, and today, sort of like how US Presidents age, I have as well. Where'd all this white hair come from? Damn you, Ultima IV!!

;)
morningstar

by morningstar posted Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:30 am

It may be my favorite game, knowing that I still play (soon 20 years). The displacements may be linear, the atmosphere and the scenario are not. We are always surprised by a mummy that appears at the corner of a corridor! (even though we know she's in the corner). I had to finish the game a dozen times with different characters (I think I've used them all).