Discuss your latest vintage Amiga finds!
LambdaCalculus

Some Amibay game pickups coming in

by LambdaCalculus Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:30 am

Now that I have some extra bits coming in for my Amiga 500 (SCART cable and brand new 512KB trapdoor RAM expansion from Amigastore.eu and SCART to HDMI adapter from Amazon), I decided to browse Amibay on a whim and picked up a couple of Amiga games on the cheap: Lemmings and Welltris. $10 apiece. I had both games for DOS when I was a kid, but like most of my old DOS floppies, they've been lost over the years thanks to house moves and yard sales.

(Side note: funny how I keep all my DOS CD games but almost none of the floppy games! :P)

Both are NTSC copies and have their manuals and inserts. When they arrive in the post, pictures will be posted. :)

My Amiga gaming collection begins!
intric8
Site Admin

Re: Some Amibay game pickups coming in

by intric8 Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:52 am

Thanks for putting that on my radar.

I was able to snag Starflight II! I've been hunting for this game for... well, hm. I mean close to a year. And someone just happened to have a copy on Amibay just sitting there - and for only 10 pounds! With the way the pound has plummeted, that's only $13 US. An unbelievable price (the shipping will cost more than the game).

I've been hunting for this game for SO long! And, it has the map - you really have to have the map for it to be the primo experience. Woo hoo!

I got in line for a couple of other classics. Should see if they fall to me over the weekend (I doubt it, but worth a shot).

:)

I feel like with hardware, Amibay can cost as much or more than Ebay sometimes. Totally scored on the software side today.
LambdaCalculus

by LambdaCalculus Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:23 am

intric8 wrote:With the way the pound has plummeted

Heh, thank the gods for the exchange rates right now! I'm also eyeballing a CIB copy of Mortal Kombat from another seller that's going for 10 GBP! That's another Amiga port I'm intrigued by! :)
LambdaCalculus

by LambdaCalculus Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:22 am

Mortal Kombat is now going to be another addition to my Amiga library! :D

If anything, the rendition of the Mortal Kombat theme is really awesome to hear coming out of it: https://youtu.be/wsn__UtFZ4Y
LambdaCalculus

by LambdaCalculus Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:02 am

Lemmings and Welltris came in the post yesterday! :D

lemmings-welltris.jpeg
Pinacolada

by Pinacolada Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:04 pm

Nice. Not directly Amiga related, but I recently got a copy of Lemmings Paintball for Windows. I still haven't gotten to the paintball levels, having too much fun with what I presume are the original Amiga levels... :)
Return to Conquests