intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:58 pm

As I've mentioned before I've been able to source five separate shrink-wrapped and never opened Infocom titles this year, which seems impossible but there it is. And a couple of the titles came from the same source (another buyer, located in Germany, won a few from him, too.)

And after receiving a few of those priceless shrink-wrapped Infocom beauties I started a conversation with the seller. He had thrown in several "New Zork Times" Infocom newspapers in one of the boxes, and I wanted to thank him for that.

After a few messages back and forth, he told me about some posters he'd acquired back in the day. He was pretty sure he actually bought them from Infocom somehow but couldn't remember the details. They look like the kind of posters I would have seen in window displays at Software Etc. or Babbage's at my local mall.

He asked me if I would like them. I was speechless. This week, entirely on his own dime and in the Christmas spirit, I received a large vertical and triangular package. Inside this was a tube mailer. And inside that were the two Infocom posters.

I've never seen anything quite like this before.
IMG_5408.jpg
Behold an original Infocom Wishbringer and Trinity poster. I threw in the game boxes and other paraphernalia for scale.

The posters are far larger than I was expecting. The Trinity poster is a modest 16" x 20". The Wishbringer is a hefty 22" x 26.5".
IMG_5409.jpg
This poster is in very nice shape considering its age. I can see it was moved to several different walls over the course of its lifetime. Sometimes the previous owner used tape, and sometimes tacks.

IMG_5410.jpg
The Wishbringer poster didn't fare as well, but I think the creases, wrinkles and tears actually add to its charm. It's been around the block a few times. It's seen things. It knows things.

In the box, he also sent me 6 new Infocom newspapers. These ran with two different titles: either "The New Zork Times" or "The Status Line".

IMG_5411.jpg
These got a bit curvy as they were put into the same tube as the posters. I'll flatten them out over time.

It just so happens that this week I also received two additional Status Line papers from AmigaLove member megaboz, too. Now I have a solid dozen total.
IMG_5412.jpg
Huge thanks go to megaboz!

I can't thank you all enough for your generosity. Merry Christmas, everyone, and Happy New Year!

Return to “Conquests”