intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:14 pm

Dude - can you post a pic here of what you have? I've been looking for the Team Disks (esp '89) for a long time. Some ADFs would be awesome, if you know how to do that...

There was a guy in Canada who had and auction where there was the game disk plus 4 other stats disks. It sold for over $100 US they are so rare.

I just want the ADFs but would kill for working disks. Cubs had a great team in '89 :)

I tried to win the auction I mentioned above, but when the price got stupid I ... balked.

Shot97
Detroit, MI, USA

Posted Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:51 pm

Shot wants '87

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:54 pm

Hey, no cutting, man.

AmigaFox

Posted Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:16 am

Well, I have three Earl Weaver disks. Two are the game itself (though one disk has the team names and leagues changed) and one is a stats disk from 1988. Sorry if I got your hopes up guys.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:49 am

Ah - OK, no worries. Thanks for letting us know, either way. To be honest, if you can make an ADF of 1988 I'd grab that, too. If you're up for that.

amigajason

Posted Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:55 am

Enjoyed your post. EWB was my favorite game. Just put up a link to all my Amiga stuff on ebay. Including earl and ALL my stats disks. I played it the most in the late 80s when posted in Africa. And since the teams only went as far as the 70s, I created teams from 77 to 89, then broke them down into decades, 00-10, 11-19, 20-29, etc so moved a lot of players around, found players in the encyclopedia who had been left out of the game and added them. I was totally obsessed with the sounds, the game play, and the STATS flexibility, plus getting the pronunciation of the names perfect using the player creation tool.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:38 am

I wish I knew how you made those disks the way you did! I can log most of the stats for a team, but some of the stats aren't part of the publicly available metrics (e.g. Baseball Reference) and seemed to be "behind the scenes" stats available only to folks - like newspapers - who subscribed to STATS, Inc.

What was your process? I'm so intrigued. And your stats disks might be some of the only ones that I've every heard of for Amiga that go this far. I even contacted Eddie Dombrower himself about making new disks (I wanted to make the 2016 Cubs and the more teams from that year) and his attitude was, "That would be cool! And a major labor of love. But no idea how to do that for Amiga these days..." Would it be possible?

Did you also modify any of the stadiums?

Return to “Conquests”