LambdaCalculus
New Jersey, USA

Posted Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:30 am

Now that I have some extra bits coming in for my Amiga 500 (SCART cable and brand new 512KB trapdoor RAM expansion from Amigastore.eu and SCART to HDMI adapter from Amazon), I decided to browse Amibay on a whim and picked up a couple of Amiga games on the cheap: Lemmings and Welltris. $10 apiece. I had both games for DOS when I was a kid, but like most of my old DOS floppies, they've been lost over the years thanks to house moves and yard sales.

(Side note: funny how I keep all my DOS CD games but almost none of the floppy games! :P)

Both are NTSC copies and have their manuals and inserts. When they arrive in the post, pictures will be posted. :)

My Amiga gaming collection begins!

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:52 am

Thanks for putting that on my radar.

I was able to snag Starflight II! I've been hunting for this game for... well, hm. I mean close to a year. And someone just happened to have a copy on Amibay just sitting there - and for only 10 pounds! With the way the pound has plummeted, that's only $13 US. An unbelievable price (the shipping will cost more than the game).

I've been hunting for this game for SO long! And, it has the map - you really have to have the map for it to be the primo experience. Woo hoo!

I got in line for a couple of other classics. Should see if they fall to me over the weekend (I doubt it, but worth a shot).

:)

I feel like with hardware, Amibay can cost as much or more than Ebay sometimes. Totally scored on the software side today.

LambdaCalculus
New Jersey, USA

Posted Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:23 am

intric8 wrote:With the way the pound has plummeted
Heh, thank the gods for the exchange rates right now! I'm also eyeballing a CIB copy of Mortal Kombat from another seller that's going for 10 GBP! That's another Amiga port I'm intrigued by! :)

LambdaCalculus
New Jersey, USA

Posted Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:22 am

Mortal Kombat is now going to be another addition to my Amiga library! :D

If anything, the rendition of the Mortal Kombat theme is really awesome to hear coming out of it: https://youtu.be/wsn__UtFZ4Y

LambdaCalculus
New Jersey, USA

Posted Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:02 am

Lemmings and Welltris came in the post yesterday! :D
lemmings-welltris.jpeg

Pinacolada

Posted Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:04 pm

Nice. Not directly Amiga related, but I recently got a copy of Lemmings Paintball for Windows. I still haven't gotten to the paintball levels, having too much fun with what I presume are the original Amiga levels... :)

LambdaCalculus
New Jersey, USA

Posted Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:56 am

Look what arrived yesterday! GET OVER HEEEEEEERE!!! :D
IMG_20170823_171558-2.jpg

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:50 am

I've always wondered how the heck you play that with a one-button joystick.

FINISH HIM!

LambdaCalculus
New Jersey, USA

Posted Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:43 am

The port does support 2-button joysticks, but even there it's still a massive pain in the butt to play like that!

This is a port that would've benefited from being on a more powerful Amiga platform (like something AGA-based), with support for even a CD32 pad. The port is decent enough but could've been much, much more if the developers decided to go with AGA as their basis for the port.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:26 am

It's a chicken and egg problem. It could have looked and performed a little better on AGA, but the AGA market was just so much smaller than OCS/ECS. That being said, the screenshots I've seen of what you have look pretty great. Looks as good as the SNES/Genesis ports. But those machines did support more buttons, obviously, which hard-core fans would have wanted.

IIRC, my copy of MK on SNES didn't show real blood, though. It looked more like sawdust flying out of people. :lol:

Return to “Conquests”