intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:47 pm

A fellow in Florida had 5 unopened original boxes of Bull Frog's Theme Park (AGA version). He had a very low asking price (IMO) with the added bonus of a "Make an Offer" on Ebay, which always means they'll take less.

I was able to shave a few bucks off and make the final price land around $22, shipping included.

Basically the game cost $15, which is 20 less than the day it sat on a store shelf. That's a win in my book!

So I should open it, right?
Attachments
themePark.JPG
Bullfrog's Theme Park, sealed

Shot97
Detroit, MI, USA

Posted Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:55 pm

I would. But I care little for collectibility value. I hope you document the unboxing well, it's a good find. Someone requested I do this game, it's on my list. I need to start getting some of those, but I've had too much stuff I've wanted to do recently. Throw up a video maybe ;) Great find though!

Shot97
Detroit, MI, USA

Posted Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:24 pm

Related somewhat: Any particular full game boxes anyone longs to have? I don't have much of a desire for them, honestly if I woke up to a house that looked like LGRs with shelves of that stuff... I might kill myself, and I know any woman would kill someone like that... I'm very mindful of space and I don't want to get too crazy. Nevertheless, there are a few boxes I'd love to have. Lemmings is at the top, and these would all be American Amiga boxes if there's options. I personally don't care too much for those small European boxes, in America the Amiga stuff was in big boxes like the PC. But yes, Lemmings above all else just because the box is cool and it was a big game from my childhood. Wing Commander would be another... Pool of Radiance, one of the Gold Box games for sure. Oh and the Kilrathi Saga. I have that (I think the only game I have that went up in value) and that box was pretty sweet. My dad kept a lot of that stuff for a long time but threw it out at some point. I kept some of the manuals though. And some of them are quite sweet. Those Maxis/MicroProse games were some of the most awesome manuals of all time. Maybe Super Mario 3 for the NES. Too bad they didn't make these things like the Genesis. I have ALL my Genesis boxes, as do most people, because they designed the game to be stored there. Best idea ever.

Return to “Conquests”