intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:16 am

So now a graphics card is on the parts list.
But the 4000 has on-board AGA video. His card was probably a flicker fixer or something of the sort I'm guessing. Honestly removing that card from the equation is probably not a bad thing until you figure out what the machine needs to come back to life.

The 4000 is such a sweet machine.

LambdaCalculus
New Jersey, USA

Posted Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:23 am

intric8 wrote:But the 4000 has on-board AGA video. His card was probably a flicker fixer or something of the sort I'm guessing.
He told me it was a Picasso IV card, but he did have the right idea of not including more bad hardware in the setup. The onboard video will suffice for now so I can at least do tests while I fix up the rest of the machine.
intric8 wrote:The 4000 is such a sweet machine.
That it indeed is! Big box Amigas are damn fine setups! ;)

LambdaCalculus
New Jersey, USA

Posted Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:08 am

Small follow-up: I decided to share a few thoughts on what getting this Amiga 4000 means for me now.

LambdaCalculus
New Jersey, USA

Posted Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:11 pm

Ordered a new Super Buster 11 chip from Amigastore.eu (which will in turn allow me to add an X-Surf 100 network card later on down the road) to replace the bad Buster on my 4000's mobo, along with an IDE-to-CF adapter and a spare DB23-to-VGA adapter. Fix-up video will be following up with all that! :)

Return to “Conquests”