intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:00 pm

I'll go fire it up tonight and jot down the ones I was totally clueless about. As one once said, "I'll be back."

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:34 pm

OK I remember now. It's not really the Stats per se, but what they call the "Ratings".

So BA, G, AB, R, etc. all of that is fine and dandy.

But then the Ratings sections asks for obscure things that might look like this, where the number in the parenthesis is a number from 1-10 for likelihood or whatnot:
Power (4) , H&R (6), Bunt (3) Runs (4), Range (9), Arm (8), PO (1238), AS (149), FA-1 (.993), FA-2 (.000)

I'm not even really sure what those last 4 are about. Fielding average? Pop Outs?

And how do I rank someone's Power or Arm? That's not in Baseball Reference (is it?). That's the stuff that left me scratching my head and sort of guessing and wishing I had access to that data.

Patrix

Posted Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:56 am

Those are subjective ratings and I had to make assumptions when putting those in. I'm not aware of any statistical source that will have such ratings on a 1-10 scale.
Sorry and good luck.

Badger

Posted Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:11 pm

intric8 wrote:PO (1238), AS (149), FA-1 (.993), FA-2 (.000)

I'm not even really sure what those last 4 are about. Fielding average? Pop Outs?
PO is putouts
AS is assists
FA-1 is fielding average (putouts + assists)/(putouts + assists + errors) at primary position
FA-2 is then secondary position fielding average. .000 probably if they didn’t have a secondary position

Serious baseball junkie here. I played so many for C64 and Amiga. Earl Weaver being the best of them all. From those stats looks like a first baseman or catcher

Return to “Conquests”