intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:46 pm

At the last SEA-CCC user group meet on August 22, 2018, @mattsoft brought several things he received from a retiring member of the NCAUG. The NCAUG was the National Capitol Amiga User's Group, based out of Washington D.C. He had moved to Washington state and had finally reached a point in his life to let things go. Mattoft and Sean, the founder of the Commodore Users Group (near Portland) helped save many valuable artifacts.

One of the things in the haul was this impressive collection of original (and copies of) Fred Fish PD disks.
IMG_7123.jpg
Believe it or not, this is less than 40% of the original 1-1,000 disks. I spent some time this afternoon putting every single disk in order. I have virtually ever disk from:

331 - 416
501-700
903 - 1,000

I can't help but wonder what happened to all of the others. For now, I'll save these as a part of the SEA-CCC "Library". To be honest, even though every single program found on the Fred Fish disks have been put online, having them in the original disk format is really sweet. To my knowledge ADFs were never actually created of the archive - just well-organized folders of the thousands of programs in LHA archive format.

In any case, very cool stuff. Also received an impressive collection of UK magazine cover disks. These came from a multitude of publications including:

Amiga Shopper
Amiga Format
CU Amiga Magazine
Amiga Action
Antic

and more.

Those are going to be received by other members of the SEA-CCC for safe keeping, and potentially imaged.
IMG_7122.JPG
A lot of times these cover disks held entire programs, not just demos, of commercial software. Pretty amazing when you think about it.

Dynamic_Computing

Posted Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:21 pm

Thats really cool! Fred Fish was such an icon in the Amiga Community... He is still missed to this day.

LambdaCalculus
New Jersey, USA

Posted Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:57 am

I have a few of the Fresh Fish CD compilations in my collection. They've been great resources for me to get software for my Amigas!

Zippy Zapp
CA, USA

Posted Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:39 am

Very cool. I agree I so wish there was original ADFs of these disks out there instead of the LHA versions.

Return to “Conquests”