intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:20 pm

This is the second box from the set I received this weekend. The contents of the first box can be found here.

This box was chock full of thick original Commodore Developer manuals and "Amiga Mail." It also came with several "power user" devices for the A1000, and even came with an unfinished Zorro II board the developer had been working on ages ago (and one completely bare board still waiting to be developed for some day).
IMG_7166.jpg
IMG_7167.jpg
In this box we find what the Micron SCSI connector was meant for: this simply massive SupraDrive hard drive. This drive still works perfectly and even has custom programs on it the developer wrote himself. I'll explore those more later.

IMG_7168.jpg
This manual from Commodore likely helped guide the owner/developer as he designed his own Zorro II board.

IMG_7169.jpg
I believe this is the exact same document as can be found on retro-commodore.eu

IMG_7170.jpg
The Future Sound package, along with the original microphone and mic stand. I can't wait to play with this !

IMG_7171.jpg
This is an ENORMOUS collection of Commodore-produced "Amiga Mail" sent to registered Commodore Developers. Priceless. This might be the most complete set of these documents in existence. Possibly?

IMG_7172.jpg
This is the board that was in-progress and unfinished.

IMG_7173.jpg
This is another development Zorro board that was never opened, never used.

IMG_7174.jpg
IMG_7175.jpg
Just in case I ever want to hook up an Amiga to an old-school TV, I'm good to go.

IMG_7176.jpg
This is a modded A1000 PSU that can drive the massive Micron SCSI connector. Why it needs power is a bit of an amusing mystery to me.

Such a cool collection of impressive hardware and documentation. I feel very honored to have received and will take good care of it. I'll also do my best over time to electronically scan and preserve parts of this for others to enjoy.

femuruy

Posted Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:19 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

*** jawdrop ***

McTrinsic

Posted Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:53 pm

Thank you so much for your ongoing efforts to preserve the Amiga Legacy.
That's some real Amiga Love there :).

joethezombie
Twin Falls, ID

Posted Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:43 pm

Holy smokes, what a simply amazing donation!

A10001986

Posted Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:30 pm

Congrats, some really interesting stuff.

(Don't bother with Dataflyer though, it's crap)

Return to “Conquests”